Headless Browsers Execution

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/headless-browsers-execution.html

Will we eventually be able to do headless testing on Edge?

My Headless Browser executions keep failing. Mostly Chrome(headless) fails. But in some cases, firefox too. Below is the error message I see. Please help. Thank you

Verify element text of test object ‘Object Repository/Page_AlertFind/span_User List’ FAILED. (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Verify element text of test object ‘Object Repository/Page_AlertFind/span_User List’ FAILED.

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.VerifyElementTextKeyword.verifyElementText(VerifyElementTextKeyword.groovy:72)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.VerifyElementTextKeyword.execute(VerifyElementTextKeyword.groovy:40)

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:72)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.verifyElementText(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:3663)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$verifyElementText$3.call(Unknown Source)

at C25731044 - MOAFCID-33217 - E2E test to create a dedicated regular user for QA with standard devices configured for bytestacker customer.run(C25731044 - MOAFCID-33217 - E2E test to create a dedicated regular user for QA with standard devices configured for bytestacker customer:65)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:337)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:307)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:299)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:233)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestCaseMainPhase(TestSuiteExecutor.java:169)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestSuiteMainPhase(TestSuiteExecutor.java:142)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.execute(TestSuiteExecutor.java:91)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.startTestSuite(TestCaseMain.java:157)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$startTestSuite$0.call(Unknown Source)

at TempTestSuite1582718925380.run(TempTestSuite1582718925380.groovy:36)

Caused by: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Actual text ‘’ and expected text ‘User List’ of test object ‘Object Repository/Page_AlertFind/span_User List’ are NOT matched.

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.VerifyElementTextKeyword$_verifyElementText_closure1.doCall(VerifyElementTextKeyword.groovy:57)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.VerifyElementTextKeyword$_verifyElementText_closure1.call(VerifyElementTextKeyword.groovy)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:20)

… 19 more

)

I think you should add some of the explicit or implicit wait to your test scripts and check again if the test still fail.

Hi, I am having exactly the same error as yours!! Did you find a solution already?

Thanks!

You can try “waitForElementVisible”. This actually solved my issue. Please try and use timeout as 5 mins or so just to be sure. 300 seconds. Please let me know if it works for you too. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the quick reply! I tried the method you mentioned to wait for element visible for 300 sec, but still out of luck. I think it might be an issue related with my element class attribute which is hidden. Which not make sense that while I run a script in Chrome, the element pass just fine. However, while I run the same script in Chrome headless, now the element won’t be visible no more no matter how long I wait. Anyway, I am really appreciate your help!

Hi I am getting the same behavior. Did you get to find a solution? I appreciate your help

Why ks 7.6 does not support part from chrome driver.pls anyone give the solution

Dear,

I cannot input a value in the Value cell.

Hi @mthuvtb42

You should click on the Value cell then click on the square button at the right conner to edit the value of the selected desired property.

Untitled