Groovy Error: Unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable

Marlin Bauml said:

I have the same issue and as I use this environment a little different than most maybe it will help to figure out what is going on. I am using Katalon 5.7 build 1 on Windows 10. The test suite is the sample for the Katalon Demo. I am running Jenkins on this same workstation and schedule this test suite to run(build) every 5 minutes. I then parse the output files with Powershell and send the results (response time, status, etc) to a monitoring system (Zabbix). What I see in my case is that everything will work fine for many runs and then without change I will start receiving this error. When I check the project files the GlobalVariable.class file in missing from the bin/lib directory. If I simply start katalon studio and open this project, I will see the file show up in the directory and my automated builds/runs start working fine.

Just curious do you know how this file is missing ( if it is not from Katalon Studio’s side)

Vinh Nguyen said:

Marlin Bauml said:

I have the same issue and as I use this environment a little different than most maybe it will help to figure out what is going on. I am using Katalon 5.7 build 1 on Windows 10. The test suite is the sample for the Katalon Demo. I am running Jenkins on this same workstation and schedule this test suite to run(build) every 5 minutes. I then parse the output files with Powershell and send the results (response time, status, etc) to a monitoring system (Zabbix). What I see in my case is that everything will work fine for many runs and then without change I will start receiving this error. When I check the project files the GlobalVariable.class file in missing from the bin/lib directory. If I simply start katalon studio and open this project, I will see the file show up in the directory and my automated builds/runs start working fine.

Just curious do you know how this file is missing ( if it is not from Katalon Studio’s side)

I could not find any specific reason as to why this file is being removed. I reviewed the Security event log and the Katalon logs and nothing stands out. This situation will generally reoccur a couple times a day. I have the Katalon logs and the Event Log if you would like to review them

Vinh Nguyen said:

Marlin Bauml said:

Hi @Vinh Nguyen , same problem in Katalon 5.7.1 :frowning:

Same issues on 5.7 in Linux Docker

Amanda Perkins said:

Same issues on 5.7 in Linux Docker

Sorry, that should say 5.7.1 Linux Docker using VSTS

Could you please share windows 5.7 version link

Jegadeesh said:

Could you please share windows 5.7 version link

Here you can download it: https://www.katalon.com/download/ It gives always the latest version.

For older versions, you can grab them using this approach:

Regards

Still repro in Version: 5.7.1.
(And the groovy file was generated by Katalon runtime temporarily, not created by me.)

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:C:\Users\Public\git\katalon\Libs\TempTestSuite1538033531784.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable @ line 14, column 1.   import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable   ^

Upvote. Same issue here, using version 5.7.1
Full stacktrace:

stackTrace Katalon.png

Please help. I am facing the following issue if used “GlobalVariable.G_Timeout” in the mobile test script.

groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: G_Timeout for class: internal.GlobalVariable
Error printed in console

[ERROR] - Test Cases/Sign up/Signup FAILED because (of) (Stack trace: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: G_Timeout for class: internal.GlobalVariable

at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeStaticMissingProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:1004)

Katalon: Latest version
Appium Version: 1.7.1

Is there any workaround to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

This issue happens much more frequently in version 5.7.1 than previous builds. (I’m using Windows 10).
Please take it seriously!!! This bug makes the test suites fail very often and too often.
If it can’t be resoloved, I think lots of testers have to remove Katalon and back to use selenium only again.

For me the issue was basically fixed with 5.7, but it occured again after doing the following steps

1. Renaming a package including some CustomKeywords
  2. Run Organize Imports on every connected test case and Keyword

The behaviour is easily reproducable by doing the following steps

1. Select a package in Keywords folder

2. Right click - rename - enter new name

de.oldname.init ->  de.newname.init

3. Solving upcomming Errors in region Problems by adapting the import statement to the new package name

4. Try to run the Test Suite locally

5. 10-05-2018 01:17:36 PM - [START]  - Start setup action : setUp

10-05-2018 01:17:37 PM - [START] - Start action : de.oldname.init.Browser.newOpen
10-05-2018 01:17:37 PM - [ERROR] - de.oldname.init.Browser
10-05-2018 01:17:37 PM - [END] - End action : de.oldname.init.Browser.newOpen
10-05-2018 01:17:37 PM - [ERROR] - de.oldname.init.Browser
10-05-2018 01:17:37 PM - [END] - End End action : setUp
10-05-2018 01:17:37 PM - [END] - End Test Suite : Test MySuite

```
  1. Pushing to Jenkins, enjoying Global variable issue

Katalon: 5.7.0

hope the issue could be fixed at Katalon 5.7.2

You should have ‘bin\lib\internal\GlobalVariable.class’ file in version control repository. - For console mode execution.

This might be ignored by version control.

Katalon 5.8 is released!! Hope 5.8 fix the issue

Guys, bug still there

Noup, issue is not fixed. Oh dear!

C:\git\Katalon\Libs\TempTestSuite1539150789763.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable @ line 14, column 1.   import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable   ^1 error

Hi all,

This issue is somehow still happening. We will try to investigate it once again and fix it as soon as possible in upcoming versions.

5.8.3 is out, has this bug fixed?