Groovy Error: Unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable

Same problem in 5.7. Did you forget commit your fixes to project?

Request sent successfully.org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:C:\git\Katalon\Libs\TempTestSuite1536295499967.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable @ line 14, column 1.   import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable   ^1 error
4 Likes

i have meet the problem in 5.7

@6952-Ismar Thank you for the help. We use the Katalon 5.7 in centos. Still the same issue.

We even try to remove the .gitignore in bin/lib, still not working

Would you please give us a help? Really appreciate for your help.

latest: Pulling from katalonDigest: sha256:d20e8822397176fdbcc843b8632c406fc9fedb7d9a19bb40a932a1b0b1cc51f4Status: Image is up to date for VM20:5000/katalon:latestGoogle Chrome 65.0.3325.181 Mozilla Firefox 59.0.3Katalon Studio 5.7.0+ echo 'Starting Katalon Studio'Starting Katalon Studio++ pwd+ current_dir=/+ tmp_dir=/katalon/katalon/tmp+ mkdir -p /katalon/katalon/tmp+ chmod -R 777 /katalon/katalon/tmp+ project_dir=/katalon/katalon/project+ mkdir -p /katalon/katalon/project+ cp -r /katalon/katalon/source/. /katalon/katalon/project+ touch /katalon/katalon/project/.classpath+ chmod -R 777 /katalon/katalon/project+ report_dir=/katalon/katalon/report+ mkdir -p /katalon/katalon/report++ find /katalon/katalon/project -maxdepth 1 -type f -name '*.prj'+ project_file=/katalon/katalon/project/iLocator.prj+ cmd='/opt/katalonstudio/katalon -runMode=console -reportFolder=/katalon/katalon/report -projectPath=/katalon/katalon/project/iLocator.prj -retry 0 -statusDelay=60 -testSuiteCollectionPath="Test Suites/iLocator_Chrome" -executionProfile=test2 --config -proxy.option=MANUAL_CONFIG -proxy.server.type=HTTPS -proxy.server.address=172.17.0.1 -proxy.server.port=3128'+ /katalon/base/scripts/xvfb.sh start+ XVFB=/usr/bin/Xvfb+ XVFBARGS=':99 -screen 0 1024x768x24 -fbdir /var/run -ac'+ PIDFILE=/var/run/xvfb.pidStarting virtual X frame buffer :99 1024x768x24+ case "$1" in+ echo -n 'Starting virtual X frame buffer :99 1024x768x24'+ start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile /var/run/xvfb.pid --make-pidfile --background --exec /usr/bin/Xvfb -- :99 -screen 0 1024x768x24 -fbdir /var/run -ac+ echo .+ exit 0.+ cd /katalon/katalon/tmp+ pid=21+ wait 21+ eval '/opt/katalonstudio/katalon -runMode=console -reportFolder=/katalon/katalon/report -projectPath=/katalon/katalon/project/iLocator.prj -retry 0 -statusDelay=60 -testSuiteCollectionPath="Test Suites/iLocator_Chrome" -executionProfile=test2 --config -proxy.option=MANUAL_CONFIG -proxy.server.type=HTTPS -proxy.server.address=172.17.0.1 -proxy.server.port=3128'++ /opt/katalonstudio/katalon -runMode=console -reportFolder=/katalon/katalon/report -projectPath=/katalon/katalon/project/iLocator.prj -retry 0 -statusDelay=60 '-testSuiteCollectionPath=Test Suites/iLocator_Chrome' -executionProfile=test2 --config -proxy.option=MANUAL_CONFIG -proxy.server.type=HTTPS -proxy.server.address=172.17.0.1 -proxy.server.port=3128Fri Sep 07 06:34:15 UTC 2018Cannot send request, retry to send.No proxy found.Starting Groovy-Eclipse compiler resolver.  Specified compiler level: unspecified150 2.4.7.xx-201611170128-e46 = ACTIVE/%katalon%katalon%project%iLocator.prj/Keywords/anz/tacommonlib/common.groovy: 22 Groovy:unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable/%katalon%katalon%project%iLocator.prj/Keywords/anz/tacommonlib/ilocator.groovy: 22 Groovy:unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable/%katalon%katalon%project%iLocator.prj/Keywords/anz/tacommonlib/common.groovy: 22 Groovy:unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable/%katalon%katalon%project%iLocator.prj/Keywords/anz/tacommonlib/ilocator.groovy: 22 Groovy:unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariableFri Sep 07 06:34:48 UTC 2018

Are you using the correct Katalon Studio 5.7.0? Can you provide me the download link you’ve used above?

Vinh Nguyen said:

Are you using the correct Katalon Studio 5.7.0? Can you provide me the download link you’ve used above?

Vinh Nguyen said:

This issue has been fixed on Katalon Studio 5.7, please help to use Katalon Studio 5.7 and try again.

Regards

https://backend.katalon.com/download?platform=linux_64&id=734914790%40qq.com

@Vinh Nguyen We download from here: https://kataloncdn.kms-technology.com/5.7.0/Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-5.7.0.tar.gz

@5658-ken I would love to help you, but I have very little experience with katalon on linux so I can’t help you. If you still face the same trouble in 5.7 I would personally search for all lib and Libs folders with find command and then paste the globalVariable and internal folder inside it. Just be careful what you copy and where.

I hope that @Vinh Nguyen can help you more then me

Ilkka Kovalainen said:

Request sent successfully.org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:C:\git\Katalon\Libs\TempTestSuite1536295499967.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable @ line 14, column 1.   import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable   ^1 error

Hi @Vinh Nguyen , same problem in Katalon Studio 5.7 (linux in CircleCi) :frowning:

1 Like

@Vinh Nguyen any update for the issue in Katalon 5.7?

Let me double check again on Linux version.

Still facing the issue on 5.7.
Workaround that works: copy the internal (along with GlbalVariable.groovy) folder and CustomKeywords.groovy and paste it under all below locations:
1. Libs
2. bin/lib
3. bin/Libs
This worked for me, but this definitely needs to be fixed.
@Katalon Studio Please work on this and fix this issue.

2 Likes

Evleen Chowdhary said:

Still facing the issue on 5.7.
Workaround that works: copy the internal (along with GlbalVariable.groovy) folder and CustomKeywords.groovy and paste it under all below locations:
1. Libs
2. bin/lib
3. bin/Libs
This worked for me, but this definitely needs to be fixed.
@Katalon Studio Please work on this and fix this issue.

That is the root cause of the original issue, and we follow with this to reproduce and fix it. Looks like it happens to Custom Keyword and Test Suite file also (?), can you post me your logs?

I have the same issue and as I use this environment a little different than most maybe it will help to figure out what is going on. I am using Katalon 5.7 build 1 on Windows 10. The test suite is the sample for the Katalon Demo. I am running Jenkins on this same workstation and schedule this test suite to run(build) every 5 minutes. I then parse the output files with Powershell and send the results (response time, status, etc) to a monitoring system (Zabbix). What I see in my case is that everything will work fine for many runs and then without change I will start receiving this error. When I check the project files the GlobalVariable.class file in missing from the bin/lib directory. If I simply start katalon studio and open this project, I will see the file show up in the directory and my automated builds/runs start working fine.

1 Like

I got same issue on Katalon 5.7.0 when executing test suite by commandline.

2018-09-12T07:42:26.1904895Z /xxxx/Common.groovy: 17 Groovy:unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable

2018-09-12T07:42:26.1904895Z /xxxx/Common.groovy: 88 Groovy:unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable

3 Likes

and also test suite collection has the same issue…

Hi All,
Our company also uses CircleCI and the tests were executing fine until a week ago. From then on, anytime it launches Katalon, it crashes with java.lang.NullPointerException. It looks like it might be related to the GlobalVariable issue. However, on our local machines (Mac OS), it runs fine. One additional note, the Katalon Studio version on Docker says 5.4.2 for the latest version, not 5.7 although files seem to have been modified.

++ /opt/katalonstudio/katalon -runMode=console -reportFolder=/katalon/katalon/report -projectPath=/katalon/katalon/project/Katalon.prj ‘-browserType=Chrome (headless)’ -retry=0 -statusDelay=150 -reportName=Reports ‘-testSuiteCollectionPath=Test Suites/Executable Suites/All/SuperSet/CircleCI/AllTests’

Request sent successfully.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.manager.ProjectFileServiceManager.migrateLegacyGlobalVariable(ProjectFileServiceManager.java:97)

at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.manager.ProjectFileServiceManager.openProjectWithoutClasspath(ProjectFileServiceManager.java:78)

at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.manager.ProjectFileServiceManager.openProject(ProjectFileServiceManager.java:61)

at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.dataprovider.ProjectFileServiceDataProvider.openProject(ProjectFileServiceDataProvider.java:23)

at com.kms.katalon.controller.ProjectController.openProject(ProjectController.java:94)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.getProject(ConsoleMain.java:245)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.findProject(ConsoleMain.java:151)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.launch(ConsoleMain.java:88)

at com.kms.katalon.console.application.Application.runConsole(Application.java:69)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.runConsole(Application.java:72)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.start(Application.java:56)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1492)

Any help would be appreciated…

Best,
Nanda

5.7.1 is released, not sure they have fix the issue or not. I am checking now, and will let you guys know the status asap

ken said:

5.7.1 is released, not sure they have fix the issue or not. I am checking now, and will let you guys know the status asap

@Vinh Nguyen: Would you please verify the 5.7.1 fix the issue?

Now, I am trying to download the linux version for 5.7.1, seems not found:
https://download.katalon.com/5.7.1/Katalon\_Studio\_Linux_64-5.7.1.tar.gz
https://kataloncdn.kms-technology.com/5.7.1/Katalon\_Studio\_Linux_64-5.7.1.tar.gz

Really appreciate for your help in advance

ken said:

ken said:

@Vinh Nguyen: Would you please verify the 5.7.1 fix the issue?

Now, I am trying to download the linux version for 5.7.1, seems not found:
https://download.katalon.com/5.7.1/Katalon\_Studio\_Linux_64-5.7.1.tar.gz
https://kataloncdn.kms-technology.com/5.7.1/Katalon\_Studio\_Linux_64-5.7.1.tar.gz

Really appreciate for your help in advance

We haven’t uploaded Linux version for 5.7.1. Can you tell me how do get the link?
Edited: You can use the first link to grab 5.7.1 version for Linux.

ken said:

For what is fixed, please refer to the release note first: https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Version+5.7.1