Groovy Error: Unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable

Hi all,

I’ve reproduced it, we will try to figure out root causes and fix it in the next release. Thanks for all of your information.

Regards

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed. We will include it in the next release shortly :slight_smile:

Regards

Thanks for this awesome product guys. I really enjoy using it. Can you please give a definition of “shortly” :slight_smile: ?

We expected to deliver it next week :slight_smile:

Regards

thank you guys, you’re doing a great job!

HI Katalon…sorry to ask…our project is down due to this error…when will 5.5 be released?

randomly getting this error on test executions run from docker container

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:

/katalon/katalon/project/Libs/TempTestSuite1530529577793.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable

@ line 14, column 1.

import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable

^

1 error

^^^ I’m in the same boat.

Is the new version out ?
Any estimated date yet ?

Can you please provide release date or workaround.

Hi,
I wrote a simple function for bash script as a temporary workaround. Works for me.
You can use it in your script as `katalon_docker &` if you want your script to continue execution.

function katalon_docker () {

katalon_bug=1

while [ $katalon_bug -eq 1 ]; do

echo “Attempt to start Katalon test at `date`” | tee -a $REPORTDIR/script-output.log

docker run --rm -v $PROJECTDIR:/katalon/katalon/source:ro -v $REPORTDIR:/katalon/katalon/report -e KATALON_OPTS="$katalonl_opts" katalonstudio/katalon &> $REPORTDIR/docker-output.log

sleep 35s

if grep -q “unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable” $REPORTDIR/docker-output.log ;

then katalon_bug=1

else katalon_bug=0

fi

done

}

It is also possible to use previous Katalon Studio version 5.4.1 which is inside the container with 1.2.0 tag, or you can build you own container using this commit https://github.com/katalon-studio/docker-images/tree/d535b71bdead34d0a3995c8effddcaaa2ab04dc4

Google Chrome 66.0.3359.139
Mozilla Firefox 59.0.2
Katalon Studio 5.4.1

docker run --rm -v $PROJECTDIR:/katalon/katalon/source:ro -v $REPORTDIR:/katalon/katalon/report -e KATALON_OPTS="$katalon_opts" katalonstudio/katalon:1.2.0

boreos said:

Hi,
I wrote a simple function for bash script as a temporary workaround. Works for me.
You can use it in your script as `katalon_docker &` if you want your script to continue execution.

function katalon_docker () {

katalon_bug=1

while [ $katalon_bug -eq 1 ]; do

echo “Attempt to start Katalon test at `date`” | tee -a $REPORTDIR/script-output.log

docker run --rm -v $PROJECTDIR:/katalon/katalon/source:ro -v $REPORTDIR:/katalon/katalon/report -e KATALON_OPTS="$katalonl_opts" katalonstudio/katalon &> $REPORTDIR/docker-output.log

sleep 35s

if grep -q “unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable” $REPORTDIR/docker-output.log ;

then katalon_bug=1

else katalon_bug=0

fi

done

}

This helped resolve my issue, thanks boreos.

This seems to be fixed in v5.5 beta.

Good work, Katalon Team!

Hi Mate,

that’s great!! It’s possible to download the 5.5 beta somewhere?

Currently I’m facing the same issue rearding GlobalVariables.

Thx in advance

https://forum.katalon.com/discussion/7746/katalon-studio-v5-5-beta-release-announcement#latest

But there is no download link for Linux CLI version.

Great!! Thx. :slight_smile:

I’m still getting the same issue in the 5.5. Beta release, Windows 10 64-bit version after running in console mode.

See my comment in https://forum.katalon.com/discussion/7746/katalon-studio-v5-5-beta-release-announcement#latest

Please provide more details about it. That error message still show, but your test scripts *should* continue to execute normally (instead of stopped in previous versions), so please double check again.

I still have this issue after updating the Docker image with the latest 5.5-beta linux build.

The error occurs even if I commit the /Libs and /bin/lib directories to source control. Occasionally, using the bash script provided by @7943-boreos above, tests actually run after several restarts. But this is not workable as it requires compiling the profile locally before committing.