.gitignore template for Katalon Studio

Thank you all for the feedback. In 6.4.0 .gitignore will be added to the project template.

1 Like

@devalex88

If you are going to publish “official .gitignore”, please consider 2 different use cases.

Case1: GUI mode execution
I would open the GUI of Katalon Studio and operate it, so that Katalon Studio has enough chances to compile all source files into executable formats stored in projectDir/bin and projectDir/Libs directories. Therefore .gitignore can specify the bin/ and Libs/ to be ignored.

Case2: Console mode execution
I would NOT open the GUI of Katalon Studio, I would not operate it. I want to execute a Katalon project in the Console Mode. I will prepare all the necessary beforehand. I want to execute the project as a part of a Bash shell script or a Gradle build script. I want to clone out all the necessary files of the project including .class files out of a Remote Git Repository. Therefore .gitignore can NOT specify the bin/ and Libs/ to be ignored.

The discussions below indicate how users get confused: “To ignore bin/ and Libs/, or not to ignore. That is the question”

I hope, in the version 6.4.0, you give us a detailed explanation what the bin/ and Libs/ directories are meant for, and how the “official .gitignore” file(s) is/are designed.

3 Likes

I have the same issue using katalon version 6.3.3. I also put it into the .gitignore file as only placing the file name and also trying only with folder and no success . the file still appearing when doing git add and commit.How do you solved that problem with this file ?

For files that have been committed before being excluded .gitignore, please delete them and commit the deletion. After that they will be ignored per .gitignore's rules.

Read this

and do

git rm --cached <the file you want to ignore>

1 Like

Done ! thank you all !

@francorebu that command on git fix your problem?

I am having the same issue as you but seems to be not fixed with that, maybe I made something wrong

it fixed my problem yes! @rodrigocalabretta