getCurrentRequest returns null

Hi,
I want to log the requests and responses in my api testing project.
I can print the responses to the log but cant get the requests.

RequestObject request = WSResponseManager.getInstance().getCurrentRequest()
KeywordUtil.logInfo(request.getBodyContent())

I also tried to access the har object from the test case, no success there…

Hi @daniel.andargie,
You can not use WSResponseManager.getInstance().getCurrentRequest() from the test case script. It can only be used in verification script of web service request object.
Regards.

I know, I do it on the verification script and I still get null.

Didn’t quite understand why I need to get the request from the WSResposeManager, isn’t there a WSRequestManager???

Can you paste the log here?

Hi @daniel.andargie,
When you call request.getBodyContent(), it will return a HttpBodyContent instance. Therefore, logging that instance will just give you the class name of that instance. To get the content, please construct an outputstream and use the method writeTo(outputstream) of HttpBodyContent.
Regards.

like that? I still get an empty string

Hi @daniel.andargie,
Maybe it’s because you have an empty request body content. Please check your request again.
Regards.

1 Like

You’re right, I thought it contains the header details.

now im trying to obtain the info from - request.getHttpHeaderProperties()

hi, @huynguyen I have a question maybe you can help me.
13:33:33.427 [main] INFO com.kms.katalon.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor - START Verification
13:33:33.846 [main] DEBUG testcase. - 1: request = getInstance().getCurrentRequest()
13:33:33.882 [main] WARN com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository - Cannot find test object with id ‘null’ because of ‘org.dom4j.DocumentException: null\null.rs (ϵͳ�Ҳ���ָ����·����) Nested exception: null\null.rs (ϵͳ�Ҳ���ָ����·����)’

these is log ,request returns null , i don’t how to solve this problem
please help me

Hi @lxc775210,
Please share your request file (.rs file) for further investigation.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> aa patList 63277b8d-e5ef-47c7-969c-1cb276639ded BASIC false -1 true { "text": "{\n\"usId\":\"${usId}\",\n\"pltType\":\"app\",\n\"moduleCode\":\"OL_CONS\"\n}", "contentType": "application/json", "charset": "UTF-8" } text false equals Content-Type Main application/json false equals unicode Main ${pat_unicode} false equals client_id Main ${pat_client_id} false equals access_token Main yLsF0KT6JdU9qyvzZ51ovhYwA0CCtjThnShV0CWGzWj4BfMxiiHRQEU9PIg_MiGvlQ-rx7as_AQLWvEvkbNh9vM4yhpRReLfbQ8qUsypO-LxVy5GdAsZbn7YdOZgxDj3Xoas3L1txj_733PqMqMeGiQ 7.7.2 -1 5.4.1 POST ${yunuat}/hsyt-yun-restapi/r/${yunId}/80040/110 RESTful -1 true GlobalVariable.yunuat 3ae3b9b2-2d43-46b9-8ced-0ccf971e1536 false yunuat GlobalVariable.yunId 58cae1bc-54bb-4e08-8643-907e25470f69 false yunId GlobalVariable.pat_unicode d4b9f10e-920a-4987-82a3-8b2610d05ff7 false pat_unicode GlobalVariable.pat_client_id 12563dfa-506b-470c-91f5-40897a25783f false pat_client_id findTestData('testData/patToken').getValue(3, 1) 3f3bd6f8-0c57-4b61-b93e-0d75b2993ec7 false usId import static org.assertj.core.api.Assertions.*

import com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.RequestObject
import com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ResponseObject
import com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords as WS
import com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.verification.WSResponseManager

import groovy.json.JsonSlurper
import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable

RequestObject request = WSResponseManager.getInstance().getCurrentRequest()

ResponseObject response = WSResponseManager.getInstance().getCurrentResponse()

def jsonSlurper = new JsonSlurper()
def jsonResponse = jsonSlurper.parseText(response.getResponseText())
def patId = jsonResponse.data[0].patId.toString()
File file=new File("Data Files/testData/patID.csv");
BufferedWriter out=new BufferedWriter(new FileWriter(file))
out.write(patId);
out.flush();
out.close();

WS.verifyElementPropertyValue(response, ‘result’, true)

this is my .rs file’s content , Thank you very much for your reply

Hi @lxc775210,
Please attach the file, not copy and paste its content. :wink: