Extensions enabled at Recording

Dear Team,

We are evaluating Katalon for one of our projects, We need to have extension enabled at the time of recording. Is this possible.

Thanks
Srini

Which browser you want? Chrome?

My previous study

reports that you can find in the chromedriver.log file how ChromeDriver invoked by Katalon Studio starts Chrome browser; The commandline was, at the time of writing the report, something like this:

[1526012674.637][INFO]: Launching chrome: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” --disable-background-networking --disable-client-side-phishing-detection --disable-default-apps --disable-hang-monitor --disable-popup-blocking --disable-prompt-on-repost --disable-sync --disable-web-resources --enable-automation --enable-logging --force-fieldtrials=SiteIsolationExtensions/Control --ignore-certificate-errors --load-extension=“C:\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1\configuration\resources\extensions\Chrome\Object Spy,C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\scoped_dir10832_12653\internal” --log-level=0 --metrics-recording-only --no-first-run --password-store=basic --remote-debugging-port=12067 --test-type=webdriver --use-mock-keychain --user-data-dir=“C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\scoped_dir10832_25782” data:,

What would be significant for you is whether the option ‘–disable-extensions’ is specified or not.

If Katalon Studio makes ChromeDriver to emit commandline with ‘–disable-extensions’ option, then Srini you can not have extensions-enabled Chrome.

At the time of writing my previos study, there wasn’t --disable-extensions option. Therefore, I think, I could use Spy with Chrome which has at least one extension enabled.

I have not checked chromedriver.log created by the recent versions of Katalon Studio. Please check it for yourself.

2 Likes