Errors in BDD walkthrough / Getting Started

Hi,
Since I was having issues with my first attempts to create Android BDD tests with Katalon, I uninstalled Katalalon (by removing .katalon folder as there is no installer) then installed a fresh Katalon 9. I selected BDD in the walkthrough to get some knowledge, but at first step (explore a feature file), after being proposed to use the [Run] button, I got failures, all similar, first one being:

=============== ROOT CAUSE =====================

For trouble shooting, please visit: https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/troubleshooting.html
================================================

11-09-2023 12:45:39 PM runFeatureFile("Include/features/operations/Divide.feature")

Elapsed time: 59,174s

Keyword runFeatureFile was failed (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Feature file 'Include/features/operations/Divide.feature' was failed
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:51)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:23)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain$stepFailed$0.call(Unknown Source)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords$_runFeatureFile_closure1.doCall(CucumberBuiltinKeywords.groovy:117)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords$_runFeatureFile_closure1.doCall(CucumberBuiltinKeywords.groovy)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.runKeyword(KeywordMain.groovy:75)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.runKeyword(KeywordMain.groovy:69)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain$runKeyword.call(Unknown Source)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords.runFeatureFile(CucumberBuiltinKeywords.groovy:78)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords$runFeatureFile.callStatic(Unknown Source)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords.runFeatureFile(CucumberBuiltinKeywords.groovy:251)
	at WSVerification1699530339272.run(WSVerification1699530339272:2)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor.runScript(WSVerificationExecutor.java:180)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor.doExecute(WSVerificationExecutor.java:174)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor.processExecutionPhase(WSVerificationExecutor.java:157)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor.accessMainPhase(WSVerificationExecutor.java:149)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor.execute(WSVerificationExecutor.java:131)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runFeatureFile(TestCaseMain.java:174)
	at TempTempCase1699530323551.run(TempTempCase1699530323551.groovy:25)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
)

Note that opened file ā€œDivide.featureā€ is showing a warning (Step ā€˜I divide ā€¦ā€™ does not have a matching glue code for example on line 10 ; and 11) that seems related to above error on line

When I divide <firstOperand> by <secondOperand>

ā€œRecalculate stepsā€ does not help but ā€œFind stepā€ redirects to the appropriate method in Divide.groovy file.

I am on Windows 11 22H2

Please advice. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi,

Please follow this instruction: Sample BDD (Cucumber) project in Katalon Studio | Katalon Docs and try to run again. Check the content of the file if needed. Please let me know if you still face it after rerun

2 Likes

I have read the documentation but I cannot find any troubleshooting information. From what I understand, it should work as-is but it does not, that is the problem.