Error while executing a Feature file

I am trying to execute this line of code from a Test Case

import com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords as CucumberKW

CucumberKW.runFeatureFile('Include/features/Feature.feature')

But I’m getting the next error:

Keyword runFeatureFile was failed (Root cause: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: META-INF/versions/21/com/fasterxml/jackson/core/io/doubleparser/FastDoubleSwar has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 65.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 61.0

Katalon Version: 9.6.0

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

Possibly the same as

It seems to be a very deep issue technically.

I think that the only action a Katalon user can try is to downgrade Katalon Studio (even v8, …) and see.

@jhilario

Could you try downgrading and report the result here?

1 Like

My Gradle version is 8.6

1 Like

The problem occurs when I create a new project with the generic template, but if I create a project with the BDD project template, the problem is solved.

1 Like

What? Katalon Studio has NOTHING to do with Gradle.

Did you mean to say “My Katalon Studio version is 8.6” ?

Or, do you use Gradle 8.6 to run your test scripts in Katalon Studio? — this doesn’t make sense to me.

I know Katalon studio doesn’t come with Gradle, but I do use the Katalon Gradle Plugin to manage my dependencies and the version I use of Gradle is 8.6.0, the error I see in GitHub issue is that there is a problem with past versions of Gradle.

But as I said the problem only happens when I create a generic project if I create a project based on the BDD template does not happen the error, I guess the generic template has some problem with dependencies.

1 Like

Did you add the Jackson Core jar in the Drivers folder using Gradle?

Are you aware that the Jackson Core libray is also bundled in the Katalon Studio distributable?

Katalon Studio puts higher precedence to the jars (of possibly older versions) bundled in the distributed zip file, lower precedence to the jars added in the Drivers folder by you using Gradle. Are you aware of that?

I guess you have a “dependency hell” in your Katalon project.

Are you sure you do not have any inconsistencies of versions of external dependencies?

No, I created a project from 0, without libraries, without anything, only the generic template and I got the error

mmm, I have no more idea. I am not able to help you, sorry.

1 Like

Hi @jhilario,

Can we have your project? Did you use keyword CucumberKW.GLUE and how did you set the CucumberKW.GLUE?

Thanks

@jhilario - as per you error , i found solution as, This is just a version mismatch. You have compiled your code using Java version 21 and your current JRE is version 17. Try upgrading your JRE to 21.
and try again.

1 Like

Sure I can send you my project, I’m not really setting any CucumberKW.GLUE variables.

The version of Java I have installed is 17.

You need to upgrade to 21