Encounter error while performing (Set Text) action

I received the following error and can’t perform the “Set Text” action.

Unable to perform action: Set Text
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.recorder.exceptions.MobileRecordException: org.openqa.selenium.InvalidElementStateException: ACTION_SET_PROGRESS has failed on the element

May I know what is the following that causes issue and if there are ways to resolve it?

Hi Sudock,

Could you provide the usecase for this, since we have different keywords for different use cases.
Set text is used in text box input case, while send keys is used for typed the value key-by-key, like in Iphone password input on mobile.

Other reason could be the element wasn’t clearly identify or not ready to be input, you could try either wait for element or spy web utility for this.

Please get back if the issues still persist.
Best,
Chris

1 Like

Hi Chrisstu,

Thank you for the help. But unfortunately there still issue in it. The use case is for new users registration. Apparently the only issue happens when input phone numbers, other than that such as username, passwords and e-mail got no issue.

Hi,

Forgot to mention some of the root causes can be there was another element/test object with the same id which was not an input field. Or it might be disabled.
Please double-check and use the correct test object.

If possible could you provide an element inspection or a screenshot of the section? This could be done by browser and should help with troubleshooting.

Best,
Chris

1 Like

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply and here is the element inspection. I will just include both Web PC and Web Mobile in case needed.

PC:

Mobile:

As of the testing, the PC Web don’t have the following issue.

1 Like