Console Mode Execution

@devalex88 @Russ_Thomas
I’ve been going around in threads trying to find a direct answer to my question. I think the answer is no, but I just want to confirm.

My team used katalon 6.2.5 for web testing with one QA creating test cases and a dev helping to dev them out if the QA hit a roadblock. I installed the AzureDevops plugin and had tests running once a week for some time.

Now with 7.+ of Katalon Studio, this is not possible without paying for some kind of license correct? We would have to pay for a Katalon RE license?

Hi Team,
I am executing a test suite in the command line mode with the below command

katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -consoleLog -noExit -projectPath=“C:\Tools\ks_workspace\CBCMProject\CBCMProject.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/CBCM_Test_Suites/CBCMSuites” -executionProfile=“default” -browserType=“IE”

I am getting the below exception in the console

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Path to the driver executable not specified

Please support me how to resolve this issue.

I am using Katalon version 6.0.4 with IE browser

Regards,
Guna P

What’s the grammar of exclude multiple site in proxy options? is the following correct?

–config -proxy.option=MANUAL_CONFIG -proxy.server.type=HTTP -proxy.server.address= “10.163.3.125” -proxy.server.port= “443” -proxy.excludes=“lab1.a.com, test.2.com, dl.o.com

Hi
Good support

Thank you

Hi,

I have a question about running my test suite from CLI. Is there a way to run test suites by passing input parameters to it. For example, in my case I would like to pass the URL as a parameter. The test suite in turn should pass that parameter to the test cases. I am just trying to re-use my test cases by passing different parameter values to it.

Please help if anyone know how to achieve this or point me to the right documentation. I am pretty new to this tool and would appreciate all your help in advance!

@sreekumar.ashokan

You can declare the URL as a Global Variable and pass the GlobalVariable value via the CLI. https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/console-mode-execution.html#use-plugins-in-console-mode

browserType= Specify the browser type used for test suite execution.

From version 7.6+ , you can use this option in Test Suite Collection execution. The specified browser is used for all test suites in that collection.

The following browsers are supported in Katalon:

• Firefox
  • Chrome
  • IE
  • Edge
  • Edge (Chromium)
  • Safari
  • Remote
  • Android
  • iOS
  • Web Service

I WANT TO ASKT WHAT IS THE MEAN OF ‘REMOTE’ AND HOW TO USE IT .
IF WE WANT TO TEST IE ON CI ,HOW SHOULD WE DO,THANKS

this is used for executing testcases on a remote server, e.g. SeleniumGrid, Browserstack, SauceLabs
see this for example:

https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/browserstack-integration.html

1 Like

How can I run more than one testsuite in one command?

Use TestSuiteCollection

You can specify

-testSuiteCollectionPath=<path>

instead of

-testSuitePath=<path>

is there more options in testSuiteCollectionQuery ? . Or any other way to create dynamic TestSuiteCollection where we can make Y or N of test suite from excel or other files

No, there isn’t.

I think you can write a bash shell script (or gradle script, python script, whatever…) that calls katalon.exe multiple times to execute TestSuites of your choice.

Is there an option to provide Execution parameters through command line execution like

1. Default wait for element timeout
  2. Default Smart Wait

similar to Katalon Tool UI ?

What is the correct way to pass Global Variables to our pipeline (GitLab-CI)?

For example, I have a Global Variable defined called RELEASE_VERSION that I update as a part of a test listener. I want to pass this into my YAML file so that everytime the pipeline runs, it reports to the correct release version.

Is this possible?

Hi @jyoung

You can use this option -g_<Global.Variable_name>="new_value" to override variables in Execution Profile.

Example:

-g_userName="admin"

Jass

I see there is an option setting remoteWebDriverUrl
But is there any options on overriding the WebDriver properties of the remote web driver for example browserName and version?
I’m creating a test script using browser stack / selenium grid, if that’s not support I will need to duplicate all the Custom Desired Capabilities across projects