Console mode error "unable to resolve class org.openqa.selenium.Keys"

I created sample test which works perfectly fine in Katalon Studio. But when I run same test suite from command line to run Katalon in console mode it gives me following error.

2019-01-10 16:27:17.462 ERROR c.k.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor   - ❌ Test Cases/Google Test Case FAILED.
Reason:
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
file:/home/jawaid/Katalon%20Studio/katalon-sample-project/Casitron/Scripts/Google%20Test%20Case/Script1545396047826.groovy: 15: unable to resolve class org.openqa.selenium.Keys
 @ line 15, column 1.
   import org.openqa.selenium.Keys as Keys
   ^

1 error

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.getScript(ScriptEngine.java:199)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:321)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:312)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:291)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:283)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:222)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestCaseMainPhase(TestSuiteExecutor.java:129)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestSuiteMainPhase(TestSuiteExecutor.java:112)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.execute(TestSuiteExecutor.java:81)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.startTestSuite(TestCaseMain.java:149)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$startTestSuite$0.call(Unknown Source)
	at TempTestSuite1547119629557.run(TempTestSuite1547119629557.groovy:36)

2019-01-10 16:27:17.482 INFO  c.k.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor   - END Test Cases/Google Test Case

Command run:
katalon --args -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath="/pathto/Katalon Studio/katalon-sample-project/Casitron/Casitron.prj" -retry=0 -testSuitePath="Test Suites/Google Test Suite" -executionProfile=default -browserType="Chrome (headless)"

How to fix this issue? I need to integrate Katalon with Jenkins.

the project path is wrong. it has to be a PATH the to .prj file, not containing the project file himself

OK, I changed the path. Still the same error.

and it has to be an valid absolute path i think. what means ‘pathto’ there?

Yes, I gave correct absolute path. I obfuscated it to ‘pathto’ here for confidentiality reasons.

It is to note that project does get opened but when it tries to run the test suite it cannot find the library mentioned.

mhm … you can try to cd first into the project dir and run without using the projectPath argument (but pass the full path to the katalon executable) …

it may be indeed an interesting bug

I can try that but issue is that it has to be run by Jenkins and it keep giving the same error. So I tried from terminal myself and getting the same error.

are you using the jenkins plugin? just use a simple shell script (provided the cd stuff is working)

OK it says Missing required argument(s): projectPath
when run without giving the project path from withing the project folder.

No, I’m not using any Jenkins plugin but running the katalon from shell script in Jenkins.

So, if this is a bug what is expected ETA for a fix. Since, I won’t be able to use Katalon until this bug is fixed and thus have to move to some other test suite or maybe Selenium.

any solution to this error?

hi @all, please make sure you guys installed Open JDK 8 (not Oracle JDK) in your Linux machine