com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.BrowserNotOpenedException: Browser is not opened

Even opening your example test suites results in this error, on my machine and that of a colleague, we’re on relatively new iMacs and MacBooks. Absolutely nothing works, and we’ve tried for hours doing everything we could find on google.

Shame, it looks like such a promising tool

2 Likes

This is the error I’m getting on my mac with Katalon Studio version 5.1.0.1. The Katalon Automator works fine and I’ve made a test script there which works perfectly.

Test Cases/Version1 FAILED because (of) Unable to navigate to ‘http://www.google.com’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.BrowserNotOpenedException: Browser is not opened
Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’
System info: host: ‘Williams-MacBook-Pro.local’, ip: ‘XXX.XXX.X.X’, os.name: ‘Mac OS X’, os.arch: ‘x86_64’, os.version: ‘10.12.6’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_102’
Driver info: driver.version: unknown)

On Android - works like a charm
On iPhone - not so much. Getting the following error when running the same script:

Unable to open browser with url: ‘https://www.google.com’ (Root cause: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -6)

I met this issue as well. However, the test case is able to run next steps after changing action “Navigate to Url” to “Open Browser”.

1 Like

I am also facing the same issue… Its carries forward the testcase but there is nothing getting loaded on to the browser and the error that i face is Webelement not found.

Please help. attached screenshot for clarity.

2.png

I am also suffering from the “Browser is not opened” issue:

Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_CuraHomepage/btn_MakeAppointment’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.BrowserNotOpenedException: Browser is not opened
Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’
System info: host: ‘removed’, ip: ‘removed’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_102’

I just installed Katalon Studio, activated it, then loaded the demo project “Sample Web Testing Project” and double-clicked to open “Login” test case. Then I chose “Run > Firefox” and get that above error.

The same happens with “Run > IE” and “Run > Edge”… Didn’t try with Chrome, because I don’t have that browser installed.

My Firefox version is 58.0.2 (64-bit). My Windows 10 is 64-bit, Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.2068) and Katalon Studio is 64-bit version 5.3.1 Build 1.

@silvercoins said:
I am also suffering from the “Browser is not opened” issue

Hmm, I was able to run “Main Test Cases > TC1_Verify Succesful Login” and “Main Test Cases > TC2_Verify Succesful Appointment”. Still, the “Common Test Cases > Login” was not able to be run. Maybe it is not supposed to be run at all, rather it is used from the Main Test Cases?

Hello @Liam B

I am also facing this above Issue while running Headless Chrome Browser.
Executing Script in Headless Version is the Key feature of Automation

Please Resolve this Issue ASAP.

Hello,
I corrected the website address and even then gets the same error.“Browser is not opened exception”.

pallavi said:

Hello,
I corrected the website address and even then gets the same error.“Browser is not opened exception”.

I got this error because I was intermixing testsuites where linked testcases and using the call testcase Fucntionality within the testcase where I linked one testcase into many.

So when you mix it you can call the browser twice which causes the browserNotOpenedException

you need to choose between one testcase in a testsuite (use the call testcase functionlity) or create seperate testcases

I’m getting this error when using a firefox derivative browser.
This works:
FirefoxDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver(options);
driver.get(url)

The browser opens, the page is loaded, but any subsequent action gives a browser not opened exception.

UPDATE:

Solved it by diggin in to the katalon source classes. needed to add
com.kms.katalon.core.configuration.RunConfiguration.storeDriver( driver )

2 Likes

@ts where do you put “com.kms.katalon.core.configuration.RunConfiguration.storeDriver( driver )” I tryed “Use different browser versions” but nothing happen in the open browser.

I am also facing same issue while running Chrome Browser.

Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to navigate to… (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.BrowserNotOpenedException: Browser is not opened
System info: host: ‘AK-SWD-0037’, ip: ‘10.250.10.90’, os.name: ‘Windows 7’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘6.1’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_181’

Highly appreciated if anybody can help…

Also faced this error. The cause was that I had a WebDriver element declared as a variable during initialization of the class (private WebDriver driver = DriverFactory.getWebDriver()). I moved this line to a seperate method and the problem was fixed.

2 Likes