Click button behaving differently with JavaScript

Hello,
I am trying to click on a button with jquery as:
String s = ‘document.querySelector('#ctl00_Main_cmdCreateWO').click()’
WebUI.executeJavaScript(s, null)

It goes to the button and on the button it shows ‘Processing’
which is not the actual behaviour of the application as when i click this button in the application it takes me to another page which is expected.
Another strange thing is when karalon clicks using the above code an alert with text saying ‘button found’ appears which is not a part of actual application.

Not sure if it’s problem with my code or application.
Please suggest.

That’s JavaScript (not jQuery).

Well, it’s coming from somewhere. Helping you find it from here is not easy.

Is the page available on a public URL?

Thnkx for your response @Russ_Thomas , page is not available on public url.
When i try to click this element with
WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘SignShop/Create WO’))
it does not clicks the element and the following error comes: Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/SignShop/Create WO’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/SignShop/Create WO’
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.click(ClickKeyword.groovy:86)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.execute(ClickKeyword.groovy:67)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:56)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:616)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$click$4.call(Unknown Source)
at SrWo.run(SrWo:91)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:337)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:307)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:299)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:233)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1565271590053.run(TempTestCase1565271590053.groovy:21)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.ElementClickInterceptedException: element click intercepted: Element … is not clickable at point (43, 119). Other element would receive the click:

(Session info: chrome=76.0.3809.100)
Build info: version: ‘3.141.59’, revision: ‘e82be7d358’, time: ‘2018-11-14T08:25:53’
System info: host: ‘COB10L-PF0V6548’, ip: ‘172.30.89.176’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_181’
Driver info: com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver
Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, browserName: chrome, browserVersion: 76.0.3809.100, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 76.0.3809.68 (420c9498db8ce…, userDataDir: C:\Users\RBoparai\AppData\L…}, goog:chromeOptions: {debuggerAddress: localhost:65329}, javascriptEnabled: true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: XP, platformName: XP, proxy: Proxy(), setWindowRect: true, strictFileInteractability: false, timeouts: {implicit: 0, pageLoad: 300000, script: 30000}, unhandledPromptBehavior: dismiss and notify}
Session ID: a0bc00d3a8e983941a8f898c4e0bb441
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.createException(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:187)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.decode(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:122)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.decode(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:49)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.execute(HttpCommandExecutor.java:158)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.service.DriverCommandExecutor.execute(DriverCommandExecutor.java:83)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:552)
at com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver.execute(CChromeDriver.java:20)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.execute(RemoteWebElement.java:285)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.click(RemoteWebElement.java:84)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword$_click_closure1.doCall(ClickKeyword.groovy:79)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword$_click_closure1.call(ClickKeyword.groovy)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:20)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.click(ClickKeyword.groovy:86)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.execute(ClickKeyword.groovy:67)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:56)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:616)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$click$4.call(Unknown Source)
at Script1564757845349.run(Script1564757845349.groovy:91)
… 11 more
)

And if i use java script as above it clicks the element but element behaving differently.

Is there any other way that i can use to perform click operation on this element

Always look for Caused by - it usually helps a lot.

That specific error is usually caused by the test not waiting until the target element is displayed (or something else is obscuring the target and needs to move).

1 Like

Is there any documentation available on these exceptions? so that i can find it from there what my caused by actually means.
i tried adding delay and it worked as expected now with javascript

Thank You so much for your time

Not that I’m aware of, no. But it’s a pretty clear message:

The element didn’t get the click, it was intercepted by something else.

The target won’t get the click, some other element will get it.

1 Like

Thank You that solves my error

1 Like