Can't Open Project UnmarshalException

It’s not possible to open already existing project after Katalon Studio was closed.

Steps To reproduce:
Open Katalon Studio
Select Project to Open

Expected Result:
Project will be opened

Actual Result:
Can’t open the project
UnmarshalExcetion error

This happens second time (second project)
I tried to restart computer
I tried to reinstall Katalon studio

2018-01-26_0900.png

Can you send me your project?

@Vinh Nguyen
Give me an idea how to send it. I tried message, but it says file is too big (even zipped)

Just emailed the project @Vinh Nguyen

Your whole project files are broken. Do you resolve your conflicts automatically when you pull your project? There are some unusual git merging lines so that’s why Katalon Studio can’t parse it.

I pulled first part of the project and then I didn’t pull or commit anything. I created bunch of test cases. Everything worked. I was able to exit Katalon and then reopen the project…
Than this issue happened without any additional related steps…

I need at least to understand how to avoid such situation in the future…I want to present this tool…

This issue is reproducible again in another project. I do not use GIT for it…
The bad thing is I don’t know, how to recover it now…

Hi Kate S,

I will take a look at this and try to tweak your project, so please wait for me.

Regards

Hi there,

Upon looking at Katalon Studio logs:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2018-03-02 09:15:53.098
!MESSAGE 
!STACK 0
javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
 - with linked exception:
[Exception [EclipseLink-25004] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.0.v20130425-368d603): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.XMLMarshalException
Exception Description: An error occurred unmarshalling the document
Internal Exception: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/C:/GHI/GHI.prj; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Premature end of file.]
	at org.eclipse.persistence.jaxb.JAXBUnmarshaller.handleXMLMarshalException(JAXBUnmarshaller.java:980)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.jaxb.JAXBUnmarshaller.unmarshal(JAXBUnmarshaller.java:126)
	at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.EntityService.loadEntityFromFile(EntityService.java:178)
	at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.EntityService.getEntityByPath(EntityService.java:157)
	at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.manager.ProjectFileServiceManager.openProjectWithoutClasspath(ProjectFileServiceManager.java:71)
	at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.dataprovider.ProjectFileServiceDataProvider.getProjectWithoutClasspath(ProjectFileServiceDataProvider.java:27)
	at com.kms.katalon.controller.ProjectController.openProjectForUI(ProjectController.java:60)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.project.handlers.OpenProjectHandler$1.run(OpenProjectHandler.java:114)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
Caused by: Exception [EclipseLink-25004] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.0.v20130425-368d603): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.XMLMarshalException
Exception Description: An error occurred unmarshalling the document
Internal Exception: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/C:/GHI/GHI.prj; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Premature end of file.
	at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.XMLMarshalException.unmarshalException(XMLMarshalException.java:113)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.record.SAXUnmarshaller.convertSAXException(SAXUnmarshaller.java:999)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.record.SAXUnmarshaller.unmarshal(SAXUnmarshaller.java:903)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.record.SAXUnmarshaller.unmarshal(SAXUnmarshaller.java:388)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.record.SAXUnmarshaller.unmarshal(SAXUnmarshaller.java:366)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.record.SAXUnmarshaller.unmarshal(SAXUnmarshaller.java:323)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.oxm.XMLUnmarshaller.unmarshal(XMLUnmarshaller.java:367)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.jaxb.JAXBUnmarshaller.unmarshal(JAXBUnmarshaller.java:123)
	... 7 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/C:/GHI/GHI.prj; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Premature end of file.
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:203)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:177)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:400)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:327)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:1472)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1014)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:602)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:112)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:505)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:841)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:770)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:643)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.record.XMLReader.parse(XMLReader.java:221)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.oxm.record.SAXUnmarshaller.unmarshal(SAXUnmarshaller.java:895)
	... 12 more

I’ve found no data in GHI.project file, so might worth adding these lines into it directly:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

GHI

b677a5a9-2c31-455e-b489-8b5bd1e6e446

Hope that will resolve your isse

Thanks a lot! It solved an issue. :slight_smile:
Somehow it was wiped out…
It will be great if you can explain for future where these

… comes from?

If it happens again in another project? @Vinh Nguyen

Kate S said:

Thanks a lot! It solved an issue. :slight_smile:
Somehow it was wiped out…
It will be great if you can explain for future where these

… comes from?

If it happens again in another project? @Vinh Nguyen

Hi Kate S,

Well this is just a random ID and I copy it from another project of mine, so I’m not really sure what it could be. :slight_smile:

This is the problem I guess…It’s different in different projects :slight_smile: I was able to open my project, edit/create test cases, etc. But I can not run them … @Vinh Nguyen
((

Does it generate any error message in this case?

So do you have any history commits related to that .project file from your source control? You can grab it as well and then use it.

In my case the problem was in .project file.
A lot of duplicate stuff …