Offline activation workaround

Hi,

I have downloaded Katalon Studio and installed it on an air gapped network. I am now having a problem completing an offline activation, as this no longer possible through the Katalon website.

I am really interested in starting to introduce Katalon on our project but if offline activation is not possible then we may have to consider another tool.

Does anyone know if it is still possible to get an activation code? or is anyone aware of a workaround?

thanks

This is the official response about offline activation in katalon studio standard version.

2 Likes

This is a huge issue for current Katalon Studio users. If someone from Katalon is monitoring this thread, please take notice. This will be a show stopper from myself and many of my colleagues. If this there is no remedy to this, my guess is that we will be forced to drop Katalon Studio and move to other solutions.

4 Likes

What a bad decision. It should remain as it was at first moment

1 Like

I second this. Offline activation is a hard requirement for my organization. Without it, we will not be using Katalon. We only have 2-3 users, and are still in the PoC phase to see if Katalon is something we want to use on a larger scale. If we cannot use the free versions offline, there is no chance we will upgrade to the Enterprise Edition.

1 Like

All,

Thank you for your valuable input. The team is aware of the needs and is currently in the process of implementing the mechanism to generate offline trial license for both Katalon Studio Enterprise and Runtime Engine.

We will keep you posted on the situation. Thanks again for choosing Katalon!

Cheers,
Liam

1 Like

according to the latest announcement, kse will have the option of trial license with all features unlocked. so … imho, it can be evaluated decently

Hi,
Any way to activate the katalon-studio without forcing to use the enterprise version?

@MaKatalon nope!

HI All - is there any update on how to activate katalon license on offline mode? It so frustrating upon upgrade to newer version and i cant use it just because i cant activated the license.

Hi all,

Same here, hope the katalon developers allow the offline activation. Alot of sensitive organization requires offline QA testing and katalon is good testing automation tool. Really appreciate Katalon can accede to our cries

Same issue here, with offline use : I’d like my developer to finalize his POC, and me to validate it offline: I’ve installed the 7.1.1, but i don’t find any link on the Katalon website to get the trial licence from the machine ID …

Hi @Liam_B is there any new Progress in the offline license key. We would like to try Katalon, but can’t do it because of the online activation is not possible for us.

Thanks

I’m also having this issue. I cannot use an offline license for Kataon Runtime Engine. This is a show stopper!

Same here. Used Katalon studio, nice and easy, updated and suddenly cannot work with it unless I pay…

I am also facing the same issue with offline activation. I hope katalon come up with trail version key soon.

1 Like

When will this be implemented?

Still not implemented

Same issue here.

Hi, any update in this regard? Still cannot activate.
Thanks