Katalon Studion how to slove javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal address in string

The recipient is correct. But, the system responses "Illegal address in string "

Host:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX(use ip)
Port:10025
ID: No need to fill
PWD: No need to fill

recipient:XXX@gmail.com

log==>
Tue Jul 02 10:52:26 GMT+08:00 2019
org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal address in string '' at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.createInternetAddress(Email.java:1920) at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.setFrom(Email.java:749) at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.setFrom(Email.java:732) at com.kms.katalon.execution.util.MailUtil.initEmail(MailUtil.java:81) at com.kms.katalon.execution.util.MailUtil.sendSummaryMail(MailUtil.java:118) at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.sendReportEmail(ReportableLauncher.java:191) at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.sendReport(ReportableLauncher.java:161) at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.preExecutionComplete(ReportableLauncher.java:99) at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ProcessLauncher.onWatchdogComplete(ProcessLauncher.java:191) at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.notifyProcessTerminated(LaunchWatchdog.java:136) at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.run(LaunchWatchdog.java:66) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) Caused by: javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal address in string ‘’
at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.(InternetAddress.java:94)
at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.createInternetAddress(Email.java:1895)
… 11 more

1 Like

I am also getting this issue.

Hi @twfish66, @Eric_Montou

Please share us some screenshots of your Email Settings and what version of Katalon are you using?

Thanks

So I talked with one of the developers on the team and it sounds like I will not be able to send emails with how our company is set up. Or at least not with the Katalon email settings. According to him… we have to send emails to a relay mail server with username and password credentials (rather than email and password). After that it sends out the email with the from address. I need to be able to manually set a from address instead of it being processed as the username.

I assume this requires a bit more advanced configuration from my end.

hello,
I am using katalon 6.3.3 and get the same error
Fri Sep 27 13:12:19 EEST 2019
org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal address in string ``‘’
at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.createInternetAddress(Email.java:1920)
at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.setFrom(Email.java:749)
at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.setFrom(Email.java:732)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.util.MailUtil.initEmail(MailUtil.java:80)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.util.MailUtil.sendSummaryMail(MailUtil.java:118)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.sendReportEmail(ReportableLauncher.java:199)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.sendReport(ReportableLauncher.java:169)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.preExecutionComplete(ReportableLauncher.java:101)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ProcessLauncher.onWatchdogComplete(ProcessLauncher.java:191)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.notifyProcessTerminated(LaunchWatchdog.java:136)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.run(LaunchWatchdog.java:66)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Thanks in advance