Katalon Studio behind Proxy is unable to open browser on BrowserStack

Any update on this issue?

HI @kazurayam, @sandeepteja_mummmoji, @Sriharsha_Teegavarap, @sandeepteja, @parul.dang,

The fix will be resolved in 6.2.0 release.

Thanks for your attention.

2 Likes

HI Guys

This problem does not appear to be fixed in 6.2 or 6.3.2

Iā€™ve done an analysis of Katalon Versions and BrowserStack requests. Iā€™m using ā€˜Manual proxy configurationā€™ to set up the proxy

Here are the results:
5.10.1 Unable to open browser with url: ā€˜http://demoaut.katalon.comā€™
6.0.5 Works
6.1.0 Works
6.1.5 Works
6.2.0 Failed to authenticate with proxy
6.2.2 Failed to authenticate with proxy
6.3.2 Failed to authenticate with proxy

Why does it work in some versions and not other?? and more importantly, what do we need to do to get it working in later versions of Katalon!

Would really appreciate some feedback on this

Many thanks
Rosie

The following finding may be relevant (I am not sure):

1 Like

I am using v7.4.0 and having the same issue ā€¦ not able to run browserStack on internal sites which are not published ā€¦ it only work for production.
We donā€™t have internal proxy but need to VPN to the company network in order to use lower environment sites. tried the following setting in Katalon but it didnā€™t help

Katalon Studio ver 7.5.2 has completely changed the way how to setup Proxy:

If you have any issue regarding Proxy, you should try the version 7.5.2 or newer. Talking about Proxy for older versions would be pointless. You would be told ā€” why not you try 7.5.2 or newer.

It wonā€™t help. HTTP connection through Proxy and TCP connection through VPN; these 2 issues belong to different layers of OSI model. They have nothing to do with each other.

When I do TELE-WORK from my home to work in the companyā€™s private network, I do use VPN ā€” thanks for the network administrators of the company for establishing the VPN connection for the tele-workers. When I start my Windows10 PC, all I do is to connect to the Internet via the wifi in my home, and then connect to the VPN entry point provided by the company. This operation is done using Windows 10ā€™s network configuration dialog.

Once my Windows 10 PC is connected to the VPN of the company, I have no problem using Katalon Studio. Katalon Studio has no awareness of VPN connection, and I think it needs none.

So I do not see what is the problem @nhussein is having.

The issue is not with VPN.
I am using CBT (CrossBrowserTesting) in order to test internal sites I have to enable Local connection tunnel in CBT manually from their site. without that internal sites wonā€™t work and Katalon script fail.

I need to find away to pragmatically enable CBT local connection from Katalon without going to CBT site and doing it manually.

any ideas?

CrossBrowserTesting ? Sorry, I do not know it at all. I am not capable of suggesting anything useful.

@ThanhTo

anything?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.