HTML DOM map absent in Web spy

There is no HTML DOM map displayed in the web object spy and no configuration settings to enable it.

Hi there,

Load DOM Map feature has been removed, so you won’t see it. Our next delease will completely remove ‘Load DOM Map’ instructions as you see there

Thanks Vinh,

But I reckon that feature would make the object identification a tad easier. I am having trouble fetching the tool tip text which is located inside multiple iFrames. The application that I am trying to automate is built using Tableau Software.

I have managed to capture the object using Web Spy, but during run-time it is not getting identified. It would be great if you guys could bring in a feature by which I could highlight the object at run-time.

Yes…It would be great if you bring the load DOM map feature. It’s very useful to identify and capture objects.

I’m having same issues trying to run test captured on Tableau, is there an update to this?

Does anyone have a work around for capturing objects built from Tableau? I’m blocked

Shrikanth S Menon said:

Thanks Vinh,

But I reckon that feature would make the object identification a tad easier. I am having trouble fetching the tool tip text which is located inside multiple iFrames. The application that I am trying to automate is built using Tableau Software.

I have managed to capture the object using Web Spy, but during run-time it is not getting identified. It would be great if you guys could bring in a feature by which I could highlight the object at run-time.

I’m running into same issue, is there a solution please advise