Unable to click Object despite verifyElementClickable returning true

@kazurayam
Surely I’d better write XPath as flexible as possible.
Thank you for telling me.

@shunmatsu_begginer

Please note that the pitfall @kazurayam is pointing out is a well known issue with XPath - it’s very sensitive to subtle changes in the source document. This is even more noticeable the longer your XPath becomes - always try to create the shortest XPath possible. That way, you’re creating a path with the least amount of potential failure points.

If you used CSS, you wouldn’t have this particular problem. These two CSS selectors are semantically and functionally identical:

div.navbar-collapse.collapse ul > li

div.collapse.navbar-collapse ul > li

You could use either of these in the same test against the same page.

And, if I need to point it out, look how much shorter they are :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This is even more noticeable the longer your XPath becomes - always try to create the shortest XPath possible. That way, you’re creating a path with the least amount of potential failure points.

Thank you for letting me know the other important points.
I’ll try to find a better way to write XPath.

Hi,

I’ve been getting this error message, even the simplest script won’t run. I can navigate to url, but won;t be able to click any element. Works on my local pc but not on my VM. Thanks.

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
Script1.groovy: -1: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable
@ line -1, column -1.
1 error

com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine
runScriptWithoutLogging

com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository
findWebUIObject

readTestObjectFile

findTestObject

findTestObject

com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository$findTestObject
callStatic

LinkedIn
run

run

runScriptAsRawText

com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor
runScript

doExecute

processExecutionPhase

accessMainPhase

execute

com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain
runTestCase

com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain
runTestCase

com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0
call

TempTestCase1607296719208
run

false
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
Script1.groovy: -1: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable
@ line -1, column -1.
1 error

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptWithoutLogging(ScriptEngine.java:104)
at com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findWebUIObject(ObjectRepository.java:271)
at com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.readTestObjectFile(ObjectRepository.java:225)
at com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject(ObjectRepository.java:183)
at com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject(ObjectRepository.java:136)
at com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository$findTestObject.callStatic(Unknown Source)
at LinkedIn.run(LinkedIn:23)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:393)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:384)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:363)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:355)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:251)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1607296719208.run(TempTestCase1607296719208.groovy:25)
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException startup failed: Script1.groovy: -1: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable @ line -1, column -1. 1 error 2020-12-07T07:19:12 1607296752700 27 INFO com.kms.katalon.core.logging.XmlKeywordLogger logMessage 29 MHTML is available at /C:/Users/NGLIC012/AppData/Local/Temp/Katalon/Test Cases/LinkedIn/20201207_071839/Test-Cases_LinkedIn.mhtml 1 false 2020-12-07T07:19:12 1607296752710 28 END com.kms.katalon.core.logging.XmlKeywordLogger endTest 1 End Test Case : Test Cases/LinkedIn 0 false

@ilonahjeanp.macarana

This thread “Unable to click Object despite verifyElementClickable returning true” is already closed, and the title does not describe your problem properly. Please create a new disscussion for your case.

Also,please enclose your code fragments with triple backticks to form CODE BLOCK presentation to make it readable.

スクリーンショット 2020-11-30 11.00.05

This makes

Your "code" 'here'