Read and Write Gmail Messages

Thanks Hari…we will do that

I have been having the same issue.

I have followed all the fixes you have suggested, and still having the issue:

“Connection refused: connect”.

I have tried un-installing and reinstalling Katalon and the email plugin and have lowered all my settings to allow the apps to get accepted.

Run out of ideas. Is there anything else I should try?

Hi Hari

I am getting below error
06-24-2019 03:08:47 PM mailcontent = com.testwithhari.katalon.plugins.Gmail.readLatestEMailBodyContent(Gmail_uname, Gmail_pwd, “Inbox”)

Elapsed time: 1.555s

javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure)

Though i have provided correct username and pwd.Please help me on this

hi,

you have to allow 3 part software to access gmail application by changing gmail settings
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

Enable these settings

Refresh your plugin
Create a new testcases
WebUI.openBrowser(’’)
Add gmailcustom keywords like below
String emailc =CustomKeywords.‘com.testwithhari.katalon.plugins.Gmail.readLatestEMailBodyContent’(’’, ‘’, ‘’)
Add emaild complete
Password
Then folder as inbox
println (emailc)
Run the test emailc will be printed as ur content u can see in console tab, if not send a new email with text then execute this test.

if any authentication issue try to enable below settings

hi,

you have to allow 3 part software to access gmail application by changing gmail settings
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

Enable these settings

Thank you, but these settings are already enabled. The issue is occurring despite this.

Hi Hari, I am try to install the Gmail plugin, but I don’t see install button. Could you please help why?

Never mind, In manage plugins, it shows already active. Thanks

Hi Hari

I installed the Plugin but its not showing in custom keywords. On katalon store it says active. Can you please help me to get it plugin methods under custom keywords.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Similar problem than @haspreet.singh after install katalon version 6.2.1
But in my case, is not even showing the plug in katalon store plugins popup
And I have the plug in successfully installed

Hi Haspreet.singh, Thanks for the message. It looks like Katalon platform issue with its current version. I have just changed the plugin compatibility to latest Katalon version. Try now . It should work. If it does not works, I suggest post this issue with Katalon support team. Surely they would help you. Let me know how it goes. Thanks

Thanks for response. But still no luck, will open ticket with Katalon support team to see if they can help me.

Hi, Having problems trying to read body of an email with pdf attached, getting this

com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream@7f811d00

Just want to read the body email Im not trying to read the pdf at all.

Thanks .

Every time it say invalid credential can you please help me out with this.

hi @Hari,
i have question.

how to get emailID ?
and get emailbox?
and after that i have the error in console in below :
SLF4J: Failed to load class “org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder”.

SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation

SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.

Warning: NLS unused message: Key in: com.kms.katalon.composer.webui.constants.composerWebuiMessages

Warning: NLS missing message: DIA_CONFIRM_INSTALL_WEBDRIVER in: com.kms.katalon.composer.webui.constants.composerWebuiMessages

Warning: NLS missing message: DIA_CONFIRM_INSTALL_WEBDRIVER_TITLE in: com.kms.katalon.composer.webui.constants.composerWebuiMessages

regards,

I’ve got an Issue after update Katalon to the last version 6.3.2:

2019-08-19 12:30:17.798 ERROR k.k.c.m.CustomKeywordDelegatingMetaClass - :x: com.testwithhari.katalon.plugins.Gmail

2019-08-19 12:30:17.800 ERROR c.k.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor - :x: Test Cases/Users/TC - Users - Add and Confirm new User - 2FA FAILED.

Reason:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.testwithhari.katalon.plugins.Gmail

I’ve tried already to reload the plugins and nothing. The plugin is active and is not working.

Hi Hari,

Do you know if there is any problem with the plug in and katalon version 6.3.2 ? Cos the plug in is not loading. Tried in two PCs with and without proxy, no success. plugin is loading with no problem in 6.2.2

Hi @pgonzalez

I have the same issue.
It says in the change-log that the max supported version is 6.3.0.
if you still want to use it you may have to revert to using 6.2.2 until a new version is released.

1 Like

Hari,

The changes that were made today on readLatestEMailBodyContent() is not working as expected and script used to work fine earlier. We are using Gmail Plugin version 1.2.0

Please look at the latest code change that happen recently.

Reason:
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.Boolean.call() is applicable for argument types: (com.testwithhari.katalon.plugins.Gmail$_writePart_closure1) values: [com.testwithhari.katalon.plugins.Gmail$_writePart_closure1@2d64160c]
Possible solutions: wait(), any(), wait(long), any(groovy.lang.Closure), each(groovy.lang.Closure), and(java.lang.Boolean)
at com.testwithhari.katalon.plugins.Gmail.invokeMethod(Gmail.groovy)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.CustomKeywordDelegatingMetaClass.invokeStaticMethod(CustomKeywordDelegatingMetaClass.java:50)
at invite_user_validation.run(invite_user_validation:188)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:337)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:307)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:299)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:233)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1567613516857.run(TempTestCase1567613516857.groovy:21)
Caused by: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.Boolean.call() is applicable for argument types: (com.testwithhari.katalon.plugins.Gmail$_writePart_closure1) values: [com.testwithhari.katalon.plugins.Gmail$_writePart_closure1@2d64160c]
Possible solutions: wait(), any(), wait(long), any(groovy.lang.Closure), each(groovy.lang.Closure), and(java.lang.Boolean)
at com.testwithhari.katalon.plugins.Gmail.writePart(Gmail.groovy:262)
at com.testwithhari.katalon.plugins.Gmail.readLatestEMailBodyContent(Gmail.groovy:67)