Katalon Studio - Script for change profile and value global variable

With a combination of Data Driven testing (Excel as a data source) and my ExecutionProfileLoader (loading multiiple Execution Profiles), you can enjoy good flexibility of configuring a Katalon test project. See the following description of my project.

What I did in my project:

1. I have a big Excel book, which contains 40 sheets, each of which contains 150 rows where URL and other parameters are written. In the book file, I have 6000 URL listed as canditate to test. This Excel book is multi-purposed (for business administration, for customer relationship management etc, not only for QA activities) so that I am not allowed to change it at all. The book is just given to me.
  2. However a list 6000 URLs list too large to test at a time; it takes too long time: it may take 24hours and more.
  3. Therefore I needed to select a set of URLs (for example 180 URLs) to verify in a particular run of test script.
  4. In order to express a criteria of URL selection, I made 5 Execution Profiles with GlobalVariables.
  5. My test read the maximum list of 6000 URL from Excel, and read selection criteria from 5 Profiles (read them using ExecutionProfilesLoader), apply a custom logic to make a smaller list of URLs to test. Then my test script consumes the list and inspect those URLs. It would take only 20 minutes; far shorter than 24hours of long run.