Posting Style - Use Friendly English!

This is a callout to …

ALL NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS

Please, PLEASE use friendly, translatable English when posting and replying to all topics on this forum.

Please…

1. Do not use txt-speak - i.e. the kind of shorthand you might use on your phone.
    1.1 Users who are not native English speakers may not be familiar with u, urs, yr, m8 and similar terms.

2. Do not use slang and/or colloquial expressions.
    2.1 Even if you’re certain the person you’re responding to is a native English speaker, others reading your response in the future may not be. In this same regard, nobody is going to type your slang phrases into the search box making your response essentially invisible if not useless from a knowledge-base perspective.
    2.2 Yes, I’ve been guilty of this. :blush:

3. And check for typing errors (typos) and spelling mistakes.
    3.1 Nobody is going to type your typos/spelling mistakes into the search box making your response essentially invisible if not useless from a knowledge-base perspective. ~Mark Gibson.

4. Anything I’ve forgotten to mention :slight_smile:

In summary, we are trying to create a knowledge-base for all Katalon users. If you can help by writing clear English (it doesn’t need to pass an entry exam at Oxford or Havard) we can improve this community and its resources.

Thank you.

31 Likes

I would like to add: check for typing errors (typos) and spelling mistakes.

I will just paraphrase a point from 2.1
nobody is going to type your typos/spelling mistakes into the search box making your response essentially invisible if not useless from a knowledge-base perspective.

Thank you.

10 Likes

Thanks for the details.