Is there a way to import Object Repository in Katalon Studio Version: 5.3.1?

Hello!
Is it possible to import Object Repository in Katalon Studio Version: 5.3.1?

For instance, Project A has a list of object stored in Project A’s Object Repository. Now I created a different project named Project B. However, I don’t want to create the same list of objects and save them in Project B’s object repository. I simply want to import it from Project A’s. Is this possible? If yes, then kindly provide me with a reference link where I can get the directions on how to do so.

Thanks,
Noor Yeaser Khan

You might not like to hear (read) me saying this but…

If you recode to not use a repository then you won’t need to copy objects between them.

See Using waitForElementPresent without an Object

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response Russ! Much appreciated. Well said… “TestObjects are a “cost” you have to pay when you “buy into” the Katalon WebUI and framework.” Hence, the answer to my question is a NO! :frowning:

@Russ Thomas

This doesn’t seem right. You can import keywords and settings but not the object repository? Seems like something which should be added to the road map!

Justin Harper said:

This doesn’t seem right. You can import keywords and settings but not the object repository? Seems like something which should be added to the road map!

Sorry, but this would be a backward step. Test Objects themselves are an unnecessary, transient contrivance. Building them out further would just add more bloat to an already questionable mechanism and the rest of Katalon Studio.

Not to go against Russ, because I believe less objects are better, but since they are just XML references, you can copy the directory from one project to another. As a test, I copied a couple of objects from a completed project and I see them in my test one. They have the same names and XPATH references.

This was done from the file system, but the objects are readable and look to be usable. This should give you functionality while you work to trim them down.

“Not to go against Russ…”

Please, do so. I’m frequently wrong. B)