Getting error of Selenium Exception on Katalon 7 when scripts downloaded from older version

Hi today i upgraded Katalon 7 and i am getting the these 2 error.

The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for java.lang.Object. Fix the build path then try building this project

|The type org.openqa.selenium.WebElement cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files|Functions.groovy|/C%%Users%RAgrawal%git%billing-katalon-7%Billing Workbench.prj/Keywords/myFunctions|line 1|Java Problem|

How to resolve this?

Hi, @ragrawal

Can you send us the full console log ? Also the log file under Help > Error Log.

katalon7.logs.txt (368.8 KB)

cosole.logs

[:]
2019-10-31 11:41:44.617 DEBUG testcase.Login-Aviation-Supervisor - 1: openBrowser(“”)
2019-10-31 11:41:44.911 ERROR c.k.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor - :x: Test Cases/Test cases1-Login/Login-Aviation-Supervisor FAILED.
Reason:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openqa/selenium/WebElement
at Login-Aviation-Supervisor.run(Login-Aviation-Supervisor:16)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:337)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:307)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:299)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:233)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestCaseMainPhase(TestSuiteExecutor.java:169)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestSuiteMainPhase(TestSuiteExecutor.java:142)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.execute(TestSuiteExecutor.java:91)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.startTestSuite(TestCaseMain.java:157)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$startTestSuite$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestSuite1572536500245.run(TempTestSuite1572536500245.groovy:36)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.openqa.selenium.WebElement
at Script1566310090760.run(Script1566310090760.groovy:16)
… 13 more

Test Cases/Test cases1-Login/Login-Aviation-Supervisor
ERROR
2019-10-31 11:41:44.938 INFO c.k.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor - END Test Cases/Test cases1-Login/Login-Aviation-Supervisor
Caught: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/lightbody/bmp/BrowserMobProxy
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/lightbody/bmp/BrowserMobProxy
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.postExecution(TestCaseExecutor.java:193)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:258)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestCaseMainPhase(TestSuiteExecutor.java:169)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestSuiteMainPhase(TestSuiteExecutor.java:142)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.execute(TestSuiteExecutor.java:91)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.startTestSuite(TestCaseMain.java:157)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$startTestSuite$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestSuite1572536500245.run(TempTestSuite1572536500245.groovy:36)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.lightbody.bmp.BrowserMobProxy
… 8 more

Hi,

Today i upgraded Katalon Studio version to 7 and i would like to evaluate the version 7 release. But without providing licence details, i am not able to use Katalon Studio 7 version. This is tedious .
Earlier i was working on Katalon Studio version 7 which is free version and now i would like to downgrade my Katalon studio version from 7 to 6 version.
Please suggest the same asap.

This has been removed in KS 6. Please remove all references to net.lightbody.bmp in your test scripts. Also try deleting folder bin, Libs, .classpath, .project and open the project again.

@devalex88

I am also facing issue with these 3 errors, not sure how to get rid of these.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openqa/selenium/WebDriverException

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/lightbody/bmp/BrowserMobProxy
[2020-01-08T18:05:14.487] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/lightbody/bmp/BrowserMobProxy

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.lightbody.bmp.BrowserMobProxy

Test Suite working fine when running through command line but not when running as a Jenkins Job on same machine?

I am running into this as well after updating my Katalon studio. It is pretty annoying as i cannot open any of my script as the keep getting an error with no info. And after getting the error pop up cannot do anything in Katlon and have to force quit it

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.