Basic Report plugin - Proxy Setup Issue

Workspace setup to reproduce Issue –

1. LAN settings is configured with proxy server.
  2. Application under test is Intranet sites which will work only without proxy.

Issue

We are not able to generate automation report in Katalon execution using command line mode as “Use system proxy configuration” setup is not working in Katalon . Also we have no option to configure exceptions list in “Manual proxy configuration” setup of Katalon.

Exception we get in “Use system proxy configuration”

Error reloading plugins
com.kms.katalon.plugin.models.ReloadPluginsException: Unexpected error occurs during executing reload plugins under account: username: ********, endpoint: https://store.katalon.com/api/products/ks?appVersion=6.2.0
at com.kms.katalon.plugin.service.PluginService.reloadPlugins(PluginService.java:184)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.handlers.ReloadPluginsHandler$1.run(ReloadPluginsHandler.java:63)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: com.kms.katalon.plugin.models.KStoreClientExceptionWithInfo: Unexpected error occurs during executing get latest plugins
at com.kms.katalon.plugin.service.KStoreRestClient.getLatestPlugins(KStoreRestClient.java:80)
at com.kms.katalon.plugin.service.PluginService.fetchLatestPlugins(PluginService.java:196)
at com.kms.katalon.plugin.service.PluginService.reloadPlugins(PluginService.java:71)
… 2 more

Issue description -

Katalon’s reporting feature has been moved to Basic Reporting plugin from version 6+. This plugin will be loaded every time after we open Katalon (Not one time setup) and it is required to have internet connectivity to authenticate (API key).

So it is required to configure proxy setup in Katalon (to connect to internet) and Katalon does not have any option to add exception list (Intranet apps) in proxy setup. Now if we have to run automation for any intranet application/API with proxy, It will not be able to connect to that application as exception of that server is not configurable. If we run without proxy, it will not generate automation report as plugin will not be loaded.

2 Likes

I have exactly same problem as my company has a proxy, and website to test is behind proxy.

I made another comment about this issue and the way to fix it here :

1 Like

I reported an issue on Github, as this important features seems to affect a lot of people in companies,
where intranet applications are tested, but internet access is only possible via proxy.

Please see here:

3 Likes

Thanks Jeff. whether this will be fixed by Katalon?
Do we have any workarounds for handling this issue?

Hi Guys,

Am facing the same issue! Is there any solution found for this am sing version 6.3.2

is what we need as well. DevOps integration basically halted on my side - nobody is willing to maintain an extra proxy routing service. Understandably.

Thank you Jeffburns, I voted a +1 on your github post in order to prioritize this issue in roadmap !

having posibilities to run katalon without internet (aka install plugins offline, or from a custom internal hosted resource) will help also in such cases. i think there is a feature request on that too

I am also facing the same issue. Using Katalon 6.2.1.Is there any update on this or any other work around to fetch the report.

Mateusz
jeffburns: > exclusion list
is what we need as well. DevOps integration basically halted on my side - nobody is willing to maintain an extra proxy routing service. Understandably.

Actually, it turns out this is not what we need in our setup at this point in time.
Problem is that we cannot get out of our corporate network to our cloud testing provider and have them run the tests against the internet.
Katalon not only uses the proxy to get out of the environment. The proxy settings are also sent as desired capabilities to the server, i.e. telling the server to re-use our internal proxy for internet communication.

“As usual” kazurayam has put that in beautiful words (and pictures) and here’s the link for those who might end up here in future with similar problems:

JUnit reporting will be moved back to the app in KS 7.0.

I have found out a work around:

Hi @ysubramaniam,

Download the offline basic report plugin from this link: https://github.com/dangparul48/katalon-basic-report-plugin which I just created last night using it’s source code already available on Github. Just use this jar in your project to get html and csv reporting back!

Thanks,
Parul Dang

I will close this topic as Proxy Settup issue was improved at Jun 2020 at v 7.5.0-7.5.2: