An Update on the Future of Katalon

Katalon is an awesome tool no doubt it. I am proud to be one of those loyal users of Katalon since version 4.x.

Here are my thoughts … Please feel patient as you read my post. Firstly don’t be judgmental and take sides and start to respond or hide/block this post.

Someone said Katalon team is listening … this is what I got to say.

I feel like, I am deceived. They started to market, that this tool to be completely Free tool and how they financed the tool for development. Then moved to Freemium Business model for Advanced Feature, which is FAIR.

Initially pricing came into picture only for Training, Business Support and later for Katalon Store, which is FAIR.

Katalon’s IPT (Integrated Product Team) didn’t make a proper distinction between the Free and Premium Feature. I wish, this has to be handled in more ethical way in future.

Premium Feature should be charged, , which is FAIR.

What I see now is that, you have stripped existing Katalon 6.X version into 3 i.e (KS, KSE, RE). At this point I feel like being stabbed, which is really contrarying to what was promised earlier. Even the very basic feature like refactoring test object, basic debugging, cmd line execution, which were available since version 4.x are being ripped off from the free version. I feel like I was trapped/ tricked to use these feature and later shun off. Which is a hard hit for all of us.

Katalon Product team, Let the basic functions, which you offered in 4x & 5x & 6x version continue to be stay free.

Love you Katalon …Wishing you prosperity.

Your’s sincerely,
Loyal Katalon User.

29 Likes