Test scripts fail after updating to the latest version of katalonalon

Hello,

All my test scripts are failing after updating to katalon’s latest version. Before updating, object spy was not working, the error shows some compatibility issue with chrome drover 74. Later I updated katalon to the latest and object spy worked. But i noticed that even though I captured the objects, its not verifying and highlighting the same. I ran the test scripts which were running fine previously but now it throws error. I am wondering whats the issue, the only changes i could see the chrome updated to 74 and katalon updated to the latest version. With script following is the error.

08-15-2019 10:26:52 AM Test Cases/test-Phase2/File store path

Elapsed time: 12.794s

Test Cases/test-Phase2/File store path FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to set text ‘root’ of object ‘Object Repository/DMCustcompl/mainpage/userid’
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.SetTextKeyword.setText(SetTextKeyword.groovy:66)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.SetTextKeyword.execute(SetTextKeyword.groovy:37)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:56)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.setText(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:950)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$setText$1.call(Unknown Source)
at File store path.run(File store path:20)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:337)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:307)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:299)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:233)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1565836008570.run(TempTestCase1565836008570.groovy:21)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: script returns unexpected result
(Session info: chrome=76.0.3809.100)
Build info: version: ‘3.141.59’, revision: ‘e82be7d358’, time: ‘2018-11-14T08:25:53’
System info: host: ‘NEETHU-PC’, ip: ‘**********’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_181’
Driver info: com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver
Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, browserName: chrome, browserVersion: 76.0.3809.100, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 76.0.3809.68 (420c9498db8ce…, userDataDir: C:\Users\Neethu\AppData\Loc…}, goog:chromeOptions: {debuggerAddress: localhost:52387}, javascriptEnabled: true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: XP, platformName: XP, proxy: Proxy(), setWindowRect: true, strictFileInteractability: false, timeouts: {implicit: 0, pageLoad: 300000, script: 30000}, unhandledPromptBehavior: dismiss and notify}
Session ID: db54b57579c0ef9853e0298a90cf35f6
*** Element info: {Using=xpath, value=//input[@id=‘homeContentSubView:homeForm:loginSubviewId:userNameField’]}
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.createException(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:187)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.decode(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:122)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.decode(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:49)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.execute(HttpCommandExecutor.java:158)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.service.DriverCommandExecutor.execute(DriverCommandExecutor.java:83)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:552)
at com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver.execute(CChromeDriver.java:20)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.findElements(RemoteWebDriver.java:353)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.findElementsByXPath(RemoteWebDriver.java:432)
at org.openqa.selenium.By$ByXPath.findElements(By.java:348)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.findElements(RemoteWebDriver.java:311)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.common.WebUiCommonHelper.findWebElements(WebUiCommonHelper.java:761)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.common.WebUiCommonHelper.findWebElement(WebUiCommonHelper.java:1093)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIAbstractKeyword.findWebElement(WebUIAbstractKeyword.groovy:27)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIAbstractKeyword.findWebElement(WebUIAbstractKeyword.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.SetTextKeyword$_setText_closure1.doCall(SetTextKeyword.groovy:51)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.SetTextKeyword$_setText_closure1.call(SetTextKeyword.groovy)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:20)
… 17 more

Can somebody please help me on this, I am really stuck with this :frowning:

Regards,
Neethu

Hello,

Can somebody please help me on this?

regards,
neethu

See: How to download & install previous versions of Chromedriver.exe

Hello @Dave_Evers,

I have tried replacing the existing driver. I still face the same issue. My chrome version is 76.0.3809.100, but I couldnt find the exact driver, I got the nearby one, that is 76.0.3809.68. I am receiving the same error. There is no issue in running the script in firefox. I also found another thread runnng on the same topic; Chrome Driver Error, I have tried all the workarounds, but no luck.

Regards,
Neethu

Dear Neethu

My Chrome version = Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I had to grab an older Chromedriver.exe (one version behind).

You might need to try a few back.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Dave

i was having the same issue 2 weeks ago. i downloaded chrome standalone V74 and it worked.

Hello,

Yes, that worked. I downgraded my chrome to version 74 (I have downloaded the offline version so that no more auto updation) and replaced the chrome driver to 74 driver in katalon folder.

But we need to look into the root cause of issue with chrome version 76 and driver 76 in katalon 6.3.2

Regards,
Neethu