SHOULD :: Visual based testing : Can we have a Keyword to compare a base page with SUT?

I would like to compare a state of a page with the page being tested. And the possibility to filter some elements on the page, based on CSS for exemple, and to set the difference rate above which Katalon is triggering a failure. Very convenient for visual regression testing.
Like many other tools on the market : Applitools, PageScreen, Versionista, WebSite-Watcher, VisualPing, Changetower, etc.

2 Likes

I have ever succeeded to use Applitools within Katalon Studio:

kazurayam said:

I have ever succeeded to use Applitools within Katalon Studio:
http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/5628/applitools---anyone-had-success-in-setting-up-within-katalon

Hi @4280-kazurayam ,
Thanks for the information. I do not argue the fact that your solution is working or not. I trust you and think you’ve achieve a good job.
But What you are doing is delegating the visual test to a third tool. And the result of that test does not impact directly Katalon test case’s result. Am I right ? And it would force me to use one more tool (and eventually pay for a premium plan) whereas I already have a plenty box full of very specific tools.
Furthermore, I think it could be an outstanding feature for Katalon against the other testing IDEs on the market.

2 Likes

But What you are doing is delegating the visual test to a third tool. And the result of that test does not impact directly Katalon test case’s result. Am I right ?

Exactly.

whereas I already have a plenty box full of very specific tools.

Sorry for that.

Furthermore, I think it could be an outstanding feature for Katalon against the other testing IDEs on the market.

I agree. Hey, Katalon Team, are you hearing us?

2 Likes

Guys,

I just have written a post about my “Visual Testing” solution in Katalon Studio:

Please have a look.

1 Like

Its says page not exist !

corrected it.

1 Like

Also Thanks for getting back to me quickly! Is appalitools eyes has free 1000 tests per month?

I do not know much about Applitools, and I have lost personal interest to it. Please check for yourself.

1 Like

Thanks I am looking to integrate visual testing with katalon studio.what is your advice for newbie automation tester with less coding experience

As far as I know, my “Visual Testing in Katalon Studio” project the only visual testing solution ever proposed for Katalon Studio. The project is still in development. I am still working on it. The next version of “Visual Testing in Katalon Studio” will

1. become capable of comparing the current set of screenshots of your UAT with another set taken previously for the same URL. For example it will enable you to compare the current screenshots with your UAT with anther sets taken last, or taken 1 hour ago, or taken at last evening.
  2. Keywords (*.groovy codes) for Visual Testing will be packaged as “Plugin” so that it will get easier to install into your projects. It will be easier than the previous version described in the above post. Still, certain programming skill will be required. “Visual Testing” is not an easy task at all.

@Boris_Faitout mentioned other product names:

I do not know those products. I have nothing to say about them.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the update!

Hey @kazurayam - no stress but is there any news on an ETA for this?

I really would like to give your project a try!

Thanks

I do not know what ETA you mean. Wikipedia told me,

Eta (uppercase Η , lowercase η ; Ancient Greek: ἦτα ē̂ta [êːtaː] or Greek: ήτα ita [ˈita]) is the seventh letter of the Greek alphabet.

Ummm

1 Like

Hi @kazurayam, sorry for the delay in response. I have been lucky enough to have 2 weeks holiday.

Back to work today though!

It seems that you are leading the way in combining these tools, so I (and probably many others) are very interested to see the next version of “Visual Testing in Katalon Studio”

ETA = estimated time of arrival

When do you think you might have time to publish this?

Many thanks

djskope

Hey @kazurayam - no stress but I thought it would be ok to ask again.

Is there any news on an ETA for your next version of "Visual Testing in Katalon Studio”?

I really would like to give your project a try!

Thanks

2 Likes