iOS and Android setup on MacOS - Build Failed when trying to set up WebDriverAgent project

Hi Vani, glad to hear we’re making progress!

The error you’re seeing is because of code signing and provision profiles in iOS. They are the ways that Apple guarantees an app is made by an authorized developer and that it can run on specified devices. It’s also one of the biggest points of confusion in iOS development.

In the case of WebDriverAgentRunner, in order to run on a device or simulator, the app must be “signed” by your organization or your own developer certificate. Because your team is probably not Facebook, you can’t sign an app with a bundle identifier of “com.facebook.*” Fortunately, that’s easy to change!

• Once again, go to the Build Settings screen for WebDriverAgentRunner.
  • This time, search for “product bundle identifier”
  • Change “com.facebook.wda.runner” to something with your company’s id, like “com.mycompany.wda.runner”
  • Switch back to the “General” tab and you should hopefully see no red warnings. If you do see warnings, I recommend turning on “Automatically manage signing” and choosing your company’s team. If you don’t have an Apple Developer signing certificate, you’ll have to sign up for one at developer.apple.com or ask someone in your company to set you up with one.

I think that should fix the latest error (I don’t think you need to set up signing for WebDriverAgentLib).

Please let me know how that works out,

Chris