Browser popups handling

In our application after giving credentials and click on login button, there is certificate popup comes in where users need to click on OK to continue. When I am spying for objects, tool is not identifying the popups. How to handle in this situation…

Please read through this document - if you cant find a solution in there please reply back with more details on the pop up its self

https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/tutorials/pop_up_dialog_issue.html#what-is-a-pop-up

Thanks for the link… In the link it says “To handle such pop-ups as described, you need to capture them first using the Object Spy feature in Katalon Studio”… But the popup i am getting, spy is unable to identify. Attached screenshot

Hmm strange - could you please send throughthe HTML snippet for the pop up

I am unable to right click and get the HTML

If you use the web recorder to record the steps you take, when you click on ok does it record a step and a object ? if so can you please share the script steps

Nope… Recording is not capturing the popup clicks

No, because that’s a browser hosted dialog, not a dialog derived from the HTML.

Try this:

https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/tutorials/configure_katalon_studio_web_automation_test_project.html#certificate-settings

And read the responses from @devalex88 here:

1 Like

This is fixed by adding below code -

import java.awt.Robot as Robot
import java.awt.event.KeyEvent as KeyEvent

def t1 = new Thread((({
for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
Robot robot = new Robot()
Thread.sleep(5000)
robot.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_ENTER)
Thread.sleep(1000)
break
}
}) as Runnable))

and add below code just before the action where popup displays

t1.start()

3 Likes

Muchas gracias!

it was working and after alot of runs it stopped working
Do you have any idea why ?

Hello, Could you solve this problem? I have tried everything on this page and still have the same problem

Hi, Im running into the same issue. I have the following popup that cannot be used with spy object or recording. How do I go about this? Thanks

This is my code below. What i want to accomplish is simply to enter the username/password in the popup box, and then sign in. But Katalon does not recognize the objects within that box.
This is the sample script I used.

@Keyword
def activateSCP(result,username,password){
int i
def th = new Thread((({
for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
Robot robot = new Robot()
Thread.sleep(5000)
robot.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_ENTER)
Thread.sleep(1000)
break
}
}) as Runnable))

//Enter username and password
	WebUI.executeJavaScript('window.open();', [])
	String currentWindow =  WebUI.getWindowIndex()
	//Go in to new tab
	WebUI.switchToWindowIndex(currentWindow + 1)

th.start()