Write_secure_settings

I cloned: GitHub - katalon-studio-samples/android-mobile-tests: The Android Mobile Tests perform UI functional automation test on an Android application using Katalon Studio.

android-mobile-tests-master.zip (2.3 MB)

And I am getting WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS_EXCEPTION.

Any ideas how to get around it ?

Thanks,
Mickey

Here is the log file:

android-mobile-tests-master.log (838.7 KB)

Issue resoled by: Error: Requires permission android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS · Issue #5 · Genymobile/gnirehtet · GitHub
The issue seems to be resolved by heading over to Developer Options on MIUI, and enabling the following:
USB debugging -Debug mode when USB is connected
Install via USB -Allow installing apps via USB
USB debugging (Security Settings) - Allow granting permissions and simulating input via USB debugging

SUGGESTION to Katalon: Add to manual and to the mobile test demo a pre-requisite to ENABLE DEVELOPER MODE on the phone as well. And note: it is NOT ENOUGH - It is necessary to allow Install via USB and also USB Debugging (if exists. Not all phones have it) this WILL save logs of agony to many.

3 Likes

I’ve logged a ticket here https://github.com/katalon-studio/docs/issues/139. Thank you for the suggestion.

Thanks. I have clarified the needed comment. Developer mode is not enough. Install via USB is also necessary (because Katalon installs the Appium drivers and more) and USB Debugging is also needed.

While on the subject, once I solved this issue, I fell into another “trap”. I have installed the latest Appium 10.5 which caused a ECONNRESET problem. And I downgraded to @1.8.1 as I found in another doc that the latest supported version is @1.8.1 and thereafter everything works.

So please also make sure that the pre-requisites say clearly “Make sure Appium 1.8.1 is installed as later versions are not supported”. And life will be bright.

Best,
Mickey

2 Likes