@Andrew_Halliday I feel your pain. This behavior is outrageous! They will remove everything sooner or later silently so they will one day force you to buy something that was completely free and you relied your tests on.
In my case, I recommended this tool to customer because they have junior testers who want to learn automation, did POC, they liked Katalon, I’m working on another POC using free version. They are planing to buy enterprise but now, no way!
First there are tons of bugs in Katalon, they are not being fixed and new ones are constantly introduced. So once a tool promising help and faster script development has become a slow down tool which is very expensive and lately extremely annoying, slow, unstable and unreliable.
- Recorder is making more mess than helping, it can’t handle simple dynamic ID or change in DOM, this was never usable anyway.
- Free has become expensive overnight. (And they rely on opensource technologies!)
- No more debugging! Isn’t this Eclipse feature anyway?
- Once stable has become unstable.
- Script mode is actually removing parts of your code by autoformatting code!
- Helping UI is overwhelming and annoying and it’s not helping anyone.
- They will eventually remove ‘Play’ button also.
You still trust them? I’m done.