Why TS report feature is removed from KS in version 6.1.5 --->

* [ **Katalon Studio Report Plugin** ](https://store.katalon.com/product/59/Basic-Report): A plugin that replaces the current report feature of Katalon Studio. Starting from v6.1.5, the report feature is no longer available natively in Katalon Studio, users need to download this plugin to continue using this feature.

I have lot of Jenkins jobs where i have used this old style report function.
junit report not work any more with this new version,
all test cases are in TestSuite level and in Jenkins it's used as TestSuiteCollection

need to downgrade back to 6.1.2

Because there’s a whole new reporting solution coming and the only way to preserve legacy code was to place the old functionality in a plugin. Smart move, IMO.

Right @devalex88?

3 Likes

Yes that will help making reporting flexible for users. We are still working on improvements but there are examples:

1 Like

hello

where to get this missing file

-- Sample Report Plugin After Test Suite Listener
2019-05-16 19:39:24.142 ERROR c.k.k.core.context.internal.TestHooker   - ❌ org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: (was java.io.FileNotFoundException) C:\KatalonStudio\KatalonProject\logger.dtd (Määritettyä tiedostoa ei löydy)
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [2,34]
2019-05-16 19:39:24.432 WARN  com.kms.katalon.core.util.KeywordUtil    - com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: (was java.io.FileNotFoundException) C:\KatalonStudio\KatalonProject\logger.dtd (Määritettyä tiedostoa ei löydy)

C:\KatalonStudio\katalon-studio-basic-report-plugin-master>gradle copyMyDependencies

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Task ‘copyMyDependencies’ not found in root project ‘katalon-studio-basic-report-plugin-master’.

• Try:
    Run gradle tasks to get a list of available tasks. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

• Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 11s

basic-report

2019-05-16 20:13:13.545 INFO c.k.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor - END Test Cases/Spam/spam
– Sample Report Plugin After Test Suite Listener
2019-05-16 20:13:15.219 ERROR c.k.k.core.context.internal.TestHooker - :x: org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: (was java.io.FileNotFoundException) C:\KatalonStudio\KatalonProject\logger.dtd (Määritettyä tiedostoa ei löydy)
2019-05-16 20:13:15.953 WARN com.kms.katalon.core.util.KeywordUtil - com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: (was java.io.FileNotFoundException) C:\KatalonStudio\KatalonProject\logger.dtd (Määritettyä tiedostoa ei löydy)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.constructWfcException(StreamScanner.java:621)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwParseError(StreamScanner.java:491)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.ValidatingStreamReader.findDtdExtSubset(ValidatingStreamReader.java:464)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.ValidatingStreamReader.finishDTD(ValidatingStreamReader.java:326)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.skipToken(BasicStreamReader.java:3458)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.nextFromProlog(BasicStreamReader.java:2074)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.next(BasicStreamReader.java:1181)
at com.kms.katalon.core.logging.TestSuiteXMLLogParser.processFile(TestSuiteXMLLogParser.java:85)
at com.kms.katalon.core.logging.TestSuiteXMLLogParser.readTestSuiteLogFromXMLFiles(TestSuiteXMLLogParser.java:62)
at com.kms.katalon.core.reporting.ReportWriterUtil.generate(ReportWriterUtil.java:390)
at com.kms.katalon.core.reporting.ReportWriterUtil.generate(ReportWriterUtil.java:395)

populated two times options

this is not flexible at all cause report feature not work

@Timo_Kuisma

You should not copy/move jar files manually. That is not the way you should follow to install Katalon Plugins.

The release note of v6.1.5 sais

• Katalon Studio Report Plugin : A plugin that replaces the current report feature of Katalon Studio. Starting from v6.1.5, the report feature is no longer available natively in Katalon Studio, users need to download this plugin to continue using this feature.

So you should

1. Start your Katalon Studio 6.1.5
  2. go to Basic Report and click [Install] button

then the Basic Report plugin will be installed, and the Report wil be available again.

:astonished: I have issue with access denied:

I still have the issue while generating report ( not through command line though) even after installing plugin for Basic Report and reloaded plugins
I am executing my test suite through studio itself.

Hi @rajeshri.zade,

Can you show us the command line output when generating report?

Thanks.

Am I the only one out there thinking that reports depending on a plugin is weird?

It looks like a way to deprivve users from a built in feature (pretty essential) and having people to pay for it later rather than developing new functionnalities that worth the price and add real value to the software.

I am not confortable at all with where this is going…

5 Likes

me too, bring back report in test suite please

5 Likes

Reporting is a basic feature in test automation and should be included out of the box.

3 Likes

I agree, reporting is a basic feature in test automation and should be included out of the box. Not in a plugin. I am not comfortable at all with where this is going either…

2 Likes

I have two responses…

1. This is off-topic for this particular topic. Someone, a user just like you and me, put together this documentation/Tip because it wasn’t available out of the box. (UPDATE: Topic moved].

2. This… read mine then @devalex88’s response:

You are right, it wasn’t the good place to post this. But I wasn’t aware of this thread. And I searched for it, without success, though. Mea culpa.

Considering the very subject… I don’t think this is smart at all!
The intent may be good, but the way is bad.
For most of us, having reports in a plugin is a degraded feature and triggers many problems. Even if improvements are about to come in the way reports are made, the solution chosen to preserve the legacy feature is not satisfaying in the meantime.
IMO, the solution would have been to keep the legacy untill a new (better?) report solution is ready to deploy (in a plugin?). Then, when a real value has been added to the feature, may be split report from core functionnalities and offer users the choice between Legacy Report Plugin and Advanced Report Plugin.
Because in the meantime, we all have the feeling that report feature have been made worst and more difficult to use with strictly no direct benefit.

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback. We will consider them all.

1 Like