What is best way to manage Object Repository for large application?

Hi,

We have big application with too many web objects.Its very hard to manage the object Repository.

1.What is the best way to manage?
2.How can we use Page Object Model in Katalon Studio?

Thanks,
Manjinder

For a large application, it is unmanageable, IMO.

If you’re comfortable writing/creating your own Test Objects (“live” in memory) you don’t need to use the OR at all.

Search for POM and Page Object Model. There’s a post from @Brandon_Hein which explains a pretty good method. Plus, Brandon has a nice way of storing the details for his objects in the same model.

I knock on Brandon’s door and see if he’s available…

When are you saying “writing/creating your own Test Objects (“live” in memory)”.Does it mean that create test object by own without record and play mode?

Yes. It may come as a shock to you, but you don’t need:

1 - The Recorder
2 - The Object Repository

But like I said, you need to be comfortable writing code (in the Script view).

1 Like

Here’s a link to a post where I give an example of how to implement the POM in Katalon:

1 Like

I have only been using KS for about 6 months, so I still use the Object Repository. I create folders under the OR and put the objects of one page together. I also manually change the names of the objects from what the Spy Web finds to better show the section and accompanying label associated with the object. Currently, I have 45 folders (pages) under the Object Repository. Some folder have only about 50 objects, some have hundreds.

Then I drag and drop the objects from the OR into the Script page (I also remove the phrase, Object Repository/ from all text to reduce the statement length after every section.) So far, I have been enjoying myself doing it this way.

1 Like

I believe this was the original vision for Katalon Studio’s “built in” implementation of the Page Object Model, so I’m glad that it’s working for you :slight_smile: