Version 6.1.3

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/new/version-613.html

I just upgraded to this version and now I continually get this message. “Unable to open browser with url:”

Maybe you can try to clean up your project and run again

@Chase_Emerick,

Please share us the execution log, some screenshot to help us investigate better.

@Chase_Emerick,

Please check the project settings > Execution > Default execution

Possibly you have the Default execution is initialized with “Web Service”, which is the initial value set in the deliverable zip. Until v5.7.1 the default execution was initialized with “Chrome” but as of v5.8.0 it is “WebService”.

If you leave it to be “Web Servcice” and click the Green Run button GreenRunButton without selecting any browser (firefox, chrome, etc) , then you would have “Unable to open browser with url” message. Reason? well, you have not specified browser to choose.

You should change the Default execution setting to be your favorite browser unless you do Web Service testing frequently. Otherwise you need to explicitly specify Browser type to use everytime you run a Web UI test case.

Had the same issue where our tests are failing at open browser:

Error: :x: Unable to open browser with url: ‘’

Scrolled down to see:

Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: session not created: This version of ChromeDriver only supports Chrome version 74
(Driver info: chromedriver=74.0.3729.6 (255758eccf3d244491b8a1317aa76e1ce10d57e9-refs/branch-heads/3729@{#29}),platform=Windows NT 10.0.17134 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
Command duration or timeout: 1.36 seconds
Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

Turns out my Chrome is still on version 73. Updated my Chrome and our tests are running again. :slight_smile:
Updated my Firefox as well for good measure. :smiley:

“Run from here” -> “Chrome/Firefox” also its not working.

Whenever we try to execute from middle we selected browser also in right hand side panel its not showing Browser name.
Screenshot%20(64)

And error also we are getting like “BrowserNotOpenedException”. Can you please help us to solve this issue. This issue happen after upgrade only

Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Navigation/Bookings’
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.click(ClickKeyword.groovy:86)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.execute(ClickKeyword.groovy:67)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:56)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:616)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$click.call(Unknown Source)
at SENTHIL.run(SENTHIL:22)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.RawTestScriptExecutor.runScript(RawTestScriptExecutor.java:34)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.RawTestScriptExecutor.doExecute(RawTestScriptExecutor.java:29)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:306)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:298)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:232)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCaseRawScript(TestCaseMain.java:151)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCaseRawScript$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1557215380991.run(TempTestCase1557215380991.groovy:650)
Caused by: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.BrowserNotOpenedException: Browser is not opened
Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

com.mongodb.MongoQueryException: Query failed with error code 10307 and error message ‘’ on server aws-us-east-1.dblayer.com:25388

at Connection.invokeMethod(Connection.groovy)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.CustomKeywordDelegatingMetaClass.invokeStaticMethod(CustomKeywordDelegatingMetaClass.java:49)

Cannot find the source Jar
JRE 1.8 ,Mongo java driver 3.6.3.
Same error message at iterable.forEach(new Block() {
@Override
public void apply(final Document document) {
System.out.println(document);
}
});

and also at collection.find(query).forEach( new Block() {
@Override
public void apply(Document document) {
println (“Inside ProcessBlock”)
println document.values();
System.out.println(document.toJson());
}
});

Works well on Eclipse.

Thanks for the feedback. I remedied the issue by updating Chrome and delete Katalon and re-extracted the files.

Hi @Sample,

We have fixed that issue, please update Katalon to v6.1.4. We are sorry for this inconvenient.

Thanks.

renderer Issue with Katalon and chrome

Thanks duyluong

Hello guys, I am trying to get familiar with Katalon and while I am learning it I am using the latest version and I cannot see the Record button from the Main Toolbar.Can anyone help me with that?Thanks in advance.
@duyluong

are you referring to the ones on the right?

Please make sure that you create a project of type “web testing”.

Temp solution is run tc / ts in headless mode chrome or firefox than run normal, work ? yea why work like this ? idk XD u dnt need downgrade version

Hi,

is upgrade to newest POI library included in this version?
I could not find it on this page.

Regards

@Alojzius_Pendergast I’m sorry it’s not included. There were some dependency conflicts that we need to resolve.

@devalex88,

thanks for your fast response.
Do you have info in which future version it will be included?