VerifyTextPresent not working from Jenkins slave

Try firefox. I’m just trying to eliminate Chrome from the equation.

ok,next question. how do you connect to the slave? via rdp or phisicaly, having keyboard and monitor attached to it? and if rdp,what is your monitor resulution? are you running full screen session? slowly but slowly we get there …

LE: have you tried also what i suggested, to check using responsive design to be sure your page it is indeed rendered different at various reaolutions? we still have too many ‘undefined variables’ at this momment but i hope, with patience and your help, we can manage to narrow down the possible causes

LLE: honestly i never used such setup, linux master and windows slave, but opposite. so, it is also for me a new scenario, trying to figure out what is hapening ‘under the hood’. a full jenkins log may show to us also some hints … just saying …

LLLE: can you put into your testcase a logger to get the viewport size/windows size at the moment ot exection, for both situations?

Hi Ibus,

When the tests are Ok, is when I execute the tests in the slave using Katalon Studio. This is done using remote desktop connection. My screen resolution is big enough to show all the columns of the page.
When the tests are KO is when I execute the tests in the slave from Jenkins master, restricting where the test can execute to the Jenkins slave node. I don’t know what protocol uses Jenkins to connect to the slave. Even when I resize the screen, I get very low values when log this info…

can you share the command / script used in jenkins job?
what if you run it using headless driver? still have issues?
does the slave have a phisycal monitor attached to it, or is a headless machine?

and … we still dont have a full jenkins log. you can censor the sensitive data … but atm i have the feeling we are only looking in the dark …

I made a single change to the scheduled task on the slave machine. Under the Security Options section I changed the radio button from Run whether user is logged on or not to Run only when user is logged on. Running the job then caused the browser UI to display and the job ran successfully. The thing about this is I was also logged in during the former setting. Pressing on…

It looks like this thread died out without a definitive answer. I’m encountering the same issue. My environment:

Jenkins Master is used to trigger a Jenkins Slave via JNLP residing on a Windows 10 machine.

My tests are all using Chrome at the moment. I am not running the Katalon scripts headless. I get nothing but failures when I tried to run in headless mode either on the master or slave.

The script will run fine on the slave if the Java JNLP Agent is started manually and the browser can be seen being manipulated by the Chrome driver. When I try to configure the agent as a Windows service or schedule it as a task, then it fails at the same point in the script. In the latter configurations the browser is not evident, but I can see the chromedriver.exe running via the Windows Task Manager.

I feel like there is a simple configuration which needs to be done in Windows to get this working. I’ll keep hunting around for something and report back if I find it. I appreciate any support anyone may offer here.