verifyElementPropertyValue Unable to verify element property value

in the verification by providing:

WS.verifyElementPropertyValue(response, ‘role’, ‘Candidate’)

with the response in body:

POST /signIn
HTTP 200 OK Content-Type: application/json
{ "customToken": "fefqwfwqwfqwfqwfqwfqwf", "role": "Candidate", "action": "GET" }

I return the json inside an html and the log responds to me:

Verification FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to verify element property value (Root cause: groovy.json.JsonException: Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object

Try WS.verifyElementPropertyValue(response, '[0].role', 'Candidate')

Thank you for your answer, but it’s still failing:

2019-07-31 09:42:48.911 DEBUG testcase. - 6: verifyElementPropertyValue(response, “[0].role”, “Candidate”)
2019-07-31 09:42:48.955 ERROR c.k.k.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain - :x: Unable to verify element property value (Root cause: groovy.json.JsonException: Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object

I too am experiencing the above:

TestCase: WS.verifyElementPropertyValue(var, ‘results[2].name’, ‘Chewbacca’)

com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to verify element text (Root cause: groovy.json.JsonException: Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object

The current character read is ‘<’ with an int value of 60
Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object

See How to read/load json file directly from server

Your solution did not match my issue; I’m switching back to junit for ease of instructions. Thanks anyways.