verifyElementPropertyValue changing non English strings before evaluation?

Hi I’m very new to katalon just kicking the tires to see what it is capable of at this point and I ran into a strange issue. Maybe I’m not going about things the right way for Katalon? I’m hitting an endpoint for a JSON file containing strings for the web app. I want to validate those strings so I store the Response in a variable . Note when I do this with English strings it works like a champ. However other languages not so much.

esES = WS.sendRequest(findTestObject(‘es-ES.json’))

after storing the response I check that it was successful

WS.verifyResponseStatusCode(esES, 200)

then I validate strings like:

WS.verifyElementPropertyValue(esES, ‘KeyValue’, ‘será’)

And it will fail. Saying: Expected element property value ‘será’ is not equal with ‘será’

Looks legit. I would agree that those are not equal however when I go to the endpoint in the object repository and run the request I see ‘será’ in the response not ‘será’. So it appears that WS.verifyElementPropertyValue(esES, ‘KeyValue’, ‘será’) is changing the ‘será’ in the response to ‘será’

Any ideas?

when I go to the endpoint in the object repository and run the request I see ‘será’ in the response not ‘será’

Could you take and post a screenshot which proves you see ‘será’ in the response?