Verify Keywords are taking 40+ minutes to execute failure cases in Katalon Studio 7.0

I am currently working with Katalon Studio 7.0 and found that all the verification keywords like Verify element exists/not exists/ if else, element visible, element match text etc. are not working correctly. Its taking 40 + minutes to decide whether element exists or not.

My configurations are below:
Appium 1.15.0
KS 7.0.0 build 1
Xcode 11
Device OS 12.4/13.1

its been said a few times, but do you have katalon analytics enabled, you may need to disable that

1 Like

More info here: Version 7 Katalon Analytics bug collector

Thanks for the replay but it did not resolve my problem even after disabling the Katalon Analytics.

My problem is Katalon is taking more than 40 minutes to execute the failure cases either object not found, text did not matched, not going to else condition etc.

Thanks

Im unable to piece together your test from your screenshot. Are you able to upload the if else statement?

Instead of having the 0 at the end of the verifyElement step - if you put 10 does that help? There have been issues in the past with just leaving the timeout value as 0.

No it did not helped I already tried, my problem is its not reporting timely any failure case, it staking more than 40+ minutes.

Thanks for the replay.

Try this, Navigate to Project > Settings > Execution > and take a screenshot of that and post it

Also, I recommend reviewing this for future posts

Please find the project settings details,

im curious what would happen if you removed “Continue to run after timeout”
Its worth a shot considering your scenario

After uncheck nothing happen its waiting waiting and with settings it looks like Web UI settings

Actually, now that I look at it, I dont see verifyElementExist as a keyword

https://docs.katalon.com/javadoc/index.html

try verifyElementPresent or something else

OR

It is a keyword but only for mobile - The topic is in the wrong category, ill change that now but his configuration shows me hes testing mobile

ahh good catch

It should display test case as failed when object not found but its not failing the test instead its keep waiting waiting. Is there any way how I can check

Mobile.startApplication(GlobalVariable.appPath, false, FailureHandling.CONTINUE_ON_FAILURE)
Mobile.verifyElementVisible(findTestObject(‘Screen3CameraFeatures/TemperatureIcon_’), 0, FailureHandling.CONTINUE_ON_FAILURE)
if (Mobile.verifyElementExist(findTestObject(‘Screen3CameraFeatures/TemperatureIcon_’), 0, FailureHandling.OPTIONAL)) {
println('This is connected device ')
} else {
println('This test is not applicable ')
}

Mobile.delay(5, FailureHandling.CONTINUE_ON_FAILURE)

This is my test, if element exists then it will proceed further, if element does not exist it will keep executing at 2nd test. if I remove 2nd test then it will stuck at if else. It is taking 40 + minutes to decide whether it element exists or not.

Thanks

Finally my issue is resolved and Katalon Studio is working fine. I have done the followings
Upgraded my Xcode 11.0 to 11.1
Downgraded my Appium 1.15.1 to 1.15.0
Katalon Studio version 7.0.4.

Its working.

Thanks