Variables declared as @Field lose their status upon manual view and execution of teardown

I have a List declared at the top of the script, outside the @SetUp method. It is defined as follows :

@Field expectedStates = new ArrayList()

This is used for the items that get added, for verification and deletion later. (In teardown method, cards on the page with a title in expectedStates are to be deleted, also expectedStates is only added to when a successful creation happened.)

The issues here are two fold:

• When switching to Manual view, adding a test step, and switching back to Script view, the @Field tag gets removed somehow

• When the code enters the teardown method, expectedStates is back to being an empty list, despite elements having been added to it during the test

These are but a couple of the glaring issues with Katalon Studio. Fix these NOW

1 Like

Upvoted.

That’s terrible. Anything that destroys user work is a category 1, critical, fix now bug. There are a few I’ve logged here and there is no evidence they’ve been ticketed let alone showing up in the change log for the most recent beta.

@“Katalon Team” please start treating this kind of bug with due diligence!

1 Like

Michael Warren said:

I have a List declared at the top of the script, outside the @SetUp method. It is defined as follows :

This is used for the items that get added, for verification and deletion later. (In teardown method, cards on the page with a title in expectedStates are to be deleted, also expectedStates is only added to when a successful creation happened.)

• When switching to Manual view, adding a test step, and switching back to Script view, the @Field tag gets removed somehow

• When the code enters the teardown method, expectedStates is back to being an empty list, despite elements having been added to it during the test

Hi Michael,
We have addressed your issues and already created a ticket in backlog (especially the 2nd issue). Thank for your feedback and using Katalon Studio.

duyluong said:

Michael Warren said:

Hi Michael,
We have addressed your issues and already created a ticket in backlog (especially the 2nd issue). Thank for your feedback and using Katalon Studio.

I just downloaded the brand new version of Katalon as of today. That bug is still there.

Michael Warren said:

duyluong said:

Michael Warren said:

Hi Michael,

I just downloaded the brand new version of Katalon as of today. That bug is still there.

We just planned to fix it. Please wait for next minor release.