Validate Login

Mate Mrse said:

nazneen said:

Here is the error result:
Test Cases/Booking Services for Customer FAILED because (of) groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling) values: [Object Repository/Booking Services/a_Want to add time, STOP_ON_FAILURE]

Possible solutions: findTestObject(java.lang.String), findTestObject(java.lang.String, java.util.Map)

I have written several codes for data picker, found on net but all is in vein So I left the date picker part and concentrate only on “wants to add time” which is also not working :frowning: Please help. As this booking part is very essential for my project.

It seems you are trying to add FailureHandling to WebUI.click() and click() only excepts Test Object as input.

I was wrong!

You are trying to add FailureHandling to findTestObject(). So, instead of

WebUI.click(findTestObject('Object Repository/Booking Services/a_Want to add time', FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE))

you want

WebUI.click(findTestObject('Object Repository/Booking Services/a_Want to add time'), FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

Mate Mrse said:

nazneen said:

Test Cases/Booking Services for Customer FAILED because (of) groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling) values: [Object Repository/Booking Services/a_Want to add time, STOP_ON_FAILURE]

Possible solutions: findTestObject(java.lang.String), findTestObject(java.lang.String, java.util.Map)

I have written several codes for data picker, found on net but all is in vein So I left the date picker part and concentrate only on “wants to add time” which is also not working :frowning: Please help. As this booking part is very essential for my project.

It seems you are trying to add FailureHandling to WebUI.click() and click() only excepts Test Object as input.

Hi Mate,

I dont think this is the cause because I used it earlier in my script and its working fine without any failure. :frowning:
Also if you have any piece of code for data picker and adding time which will match my current scenario then it will be really help me out to fix the problem earlier.
Thanks,

See the comment above…

Mate Mrse said:

See the comment above…

Mate Mrse said:

Mate Mrse said:

nazneen said:

I was wrong!

You are trying to add FailureHandling to findTestObject(). So, instead of

WebUI.click(findTestObject('Object Repository/Booking Services/a_Want to add time', FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE))

you want

WebUI.click(findTestObject('Object Repository/Booking Services/a_Want to add time'), FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

Hi Mate,

Both code are same. I can hardly see any difference between the two :frowning: :frowning: . Also from the below screenshot you can see there is add time option. When I click on that button, start time drop down button will be appear where I can add time from the drop-down list. So Can You write me code for above scenario?

Also suggest me some code for data picker . Its also not working. :frowning: :frowning:

Screenshot_2.png

No, they are not the same. Please, move the ‘)’ from position 1 to 2.

That’s it for now, I’ll take the look at the other issue later if I have time. :slight_smile:

2018-07-06_11-57-34.png

1 Like

Also, as mentioned above, share your HTML code so we are able to help you with the date picker and the ‘add time’ option.

2 Likes

Hi Mate,

Oh ! that was mistakenly taken :frowning: But still found error Please look into this.

Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Booking Services/a_Want to add time’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: Element is not clickable at point (779, 145). Other element would receive the click:

(Session info: chrome=67.0.3396.99)

(Driver info: chromedriver=2.35.528161 (5b82f2d2aae0ca24b877009200ced9065a772e73),platform=Windows NT 6.3.9600 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Command duration or timeout: 0 milliseconds

Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

System info: host: ‘WINCTRL-I1MBNJ3’, ip: ‘192.168.0.56’, os.name: ‘Windows 8.1’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘6.3’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_102’

Driver info: com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver

Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, acceptSslCerts: false, applicationCacheEnabled: false, browserConnectionEnabled: false, browserName: chrome, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 2.35.528161 (5b82f2d2aae0ca…, userDataDir: C:\Users\ASSET-~1\AppData\L…}, cssSelectorsEnabled: true, databaseEnabled: false, handlesAlerts: true, hasTouchScreen: false, javascriptEnabled: true, locationContextEnabled: true, mobileEmulationEnabled: false, nativeEvents: true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: XP, platformName: XP, rotatable: false, setWindowRect: true, takesHeapSnapshot: true, takesScreenshot: true, unexpectedAlertBehaviour: , unhandledPromptBehavior: , version: 67.0.3396.99, webStorageEnabled: true}

Session ID: f94ec5c8e2b5c29ce85c0a07fa598393)

07-06-2018 03:47:47 PM - [END] - End action : click

07-06-2018 03:47:47 PM - [FAILED] - Test Cases/Booking Services for Customer FAILED because (of) Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Booking Services/a_Want to add time’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: Element is not clickable at point (779, 145). Other element would receive the click:

(Session info: chrome=67.0.3396.99)

(Driver info: chromedriver=2.35.528161 (5b82f2d2aae0ca24b877009200ced9065a772e73),platform=Windows NT 6.3.9600 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Command duration or timeout: 0 milliseconds

Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

System info: host: ‘WINCTRL-I1MBNJ3’, ip: ‘192.168.0.56’, os.name: ‘Windows 8.1’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘6.3’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_102’

Driver info: com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver

Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, acceptSslCerts: false, applicationCacheEnabled: false, browserConnectionEnabled: false, browserName: chrome, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 2.35.528161 (5b82f2d2aae0ca…, userDataDir: C:\Users\ASSET-~1\AppData\L…}, cssSelectorsEnabled: true, databaseEnabled: false, handlesAlerts: true, hasTouchScreen: false, javascriptEnabled: true, locationContextEnabled: true, mobileEmulationEnabled: false, nativeEvents: true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: XP, platformName: XP, rotatable: false, setWindowRect: true, takesHeapSnapshot: true, takesScreenshot: true, unexpectedAlertBehaviour: , unhandledPromptBehavior: , version: 67.0.3396.99, webStorageEnabled: true}

Session ID: f94ec5c8e2b5c29ce85c0a07fa598393)

07-06-2018 03:47:47 PM - [END] - End Test Case : Test Cases/Booking Services for Customer

Mate, I have already shared my HTML doc above. Also I am going to attach screenshots below for the html files.

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

nazneen,
it’s there in log/exception (my rule no.1 and 2.) - other element in this case id=“myModal-login” role=“dialog” will receive click instead of object you trying to reach.
HTML of portion you want to reach would be helpfull

Andrej Podhajský said:

nazneen,
it’s there in log/exception (my rule no.1 and 2.) - other element in this case id=“myModal-login” role=“dialog” will receive click instead of object you trying to reach.
HTML of portion you want to reach would be helpfull

Andrej, I have attached above the HTML files and the screenshots for the relevant HTML file Have you seen that? Or should I need to upload again? I have also uploaded generated errors in the log file on the above discussion.
Please go through it.
Thanks

sorry not seen html before i post it

can you please put directly before that click that is failing command

WebUI.takeScreenshot("validateLogin.png")

and upload that picture here, please?

WebUI.takeScreenshot("validateLogin.png") is not taking any screenshot. I had applied before my click event. here it is.WebUI.takeScreenshot("Booking.png")WebUI.click(findTestObject('Object Repository/Booking Services/a_Want to add time'), FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)Also it takes default value but what I wants to click on that "wants to add text"then start time-end time will appear and I wants to only select time from start time dropdown menu end time will be deafault and not editable. So is it possible to reflect into the code?

Andrej, one thing I have noticed that sometimes click event is working fine but sometimes its getting fail. is it okay or is there any problem in my code?

Before click command put

WebUI.waitForElementClickable(findTestObject('Object Repository/Booking Services/a_Want to add time'), 5)

this will add some time to element to prepare itself to serve your test

1 Like

nazneen said:

WebUI.takeScreenshot("validateLogin.png") is not taking any screenshot. I had applied before my click event. here it is.WebUI.takeScreenshot("Booking.png")WebUI.click(findTestObject('Object Repository/Booking Services/a_Want to add time'), FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)Also it takes default value but what I wants to click on that "wants to add text"then start time-end time will appear and I wants to only select time from start time dropdown menu end time will be deafault and not editable. So is it possible to reflect into the code?

Andrej, Please comment on this, I am waiting for your response.

nazneen said:

- strange, that takeSrcreenshot() does not take anything…
i was also reflecting to this:

Andrej, one thing I have noticed that sometimes click event is working fine but sometimes its getting fail. is it okay or is there any problem in my code?

therefore i suggested to use waitFor command to ensure that component is ready.

Andrej, and what about this ?

"Also it takes default value but what I wants to click on that "wants to add text"then start time-end time will appear and I wants to only select time from start time dropdown menu end time will be deafault and not editable. So is it possible to reflect into the code?

Andrej , please suggest me also script on date picker based on my html. This is higher priority.So that I can able to complete this section.

Thanks

Any help/suggestion from others will also be appreciated. As I am running out of time. Kindly go though my html attachment for date picker and add time. I really need to submit it urgently. Please help :frowning: