[Update with Katalon Studio 7.7] Early release of Katalon TestOps Visual Testing (image comparison)

Hello Katalon Devs,

I have started trying out the visual testing and Im impressed so far, thank you for your efforts. I still need more clarification please. When I run a different TestSuite with takeFullPageScreenshotAsCheckpoint(), this TestSuite is being compared to previous Baselines which don’t exist here.

Is there a way to separate each TestSuite’s Baselines so Katalon knows which screenshots to expect in each TestSuite?

Thank you

Hi @Tarek,

I’ve updated the tutorial for Katalon Studio 7.7. I hope it would be helpful for you. If not, could you please give us more details (a piece of sample code would help a lot)?

2 Likes

Hi @devalex88,

Thank you for your reply. The link for Katalon TestOps Visual is down in : https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/new/version-70.html#official-release---version-770---771

I have multiple test cases for multiple screens which requires different visual testing of course. I called:
WebUI.takeFullPageScreenshot(RunConfiguration.getReportFolder() + ‘/keyes-search.png’)
in the Search screen and saved the initial screenshot as my baseline.

However, if I execute the other test case independently and take a screenshot at the Search Result screen:
WebUI.takeFullPageScreenshot(RunConfiguration.getReportFolder() + ‘/keyes-searchResult.png’)
It shows that a screenshot is missing “keyes-search.png”, but I am of no need of the first screenshot.

Is there a way to separate the screenshots’. For example, a folder for the set of screenshots of Search screen and separate screenshots for the Search Result screen instead of having them in the same baseline?

Hi @Tarek,
So you need a way to organizing your screenshots to a set of baseline collections and define which collection is used when run execution. Instead of comparing all baseline screenshots.

Hi @Thong,

Yes, that is exactly what I’m trying to explain, sorry if my wording wasn’t correct. Is it available right now with the current release? Or would it be a future feature perhaps?

Thank you

Hi @Tarek,

My team will work on it, it’s not available now.

1 Like

Hi @Thong,

Thank you for the consideration! I’m looking forward for this project. Can I please add one idea too: allow the user to delete/rename Baseline screenshots.

Thank you

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Katalon Studio 7.7.1 bug

Received a report today via email of past week executions(assume from testops). Just an fyi… love this.

2 Likes

How do you delete baseline images? I see no option to delete. Also Katalon seems to add duplicate images to the baseline when there is a mismatch rather than “know” that some elements on the same page have failed. It other words, it creates a new baseline when it should not.

Hi. We will add a button for deleting baselines next week.

I’m sorry but could you please clarify the situation so that I can troubleshoot. Thank you!