Unexpected EOF when run project from task Scheduler

Hi Everyone!
I’ve a problem with my process. I created a task scheduler in my Windows that start a console command to run Katalon with my project.
Two days ago console print this error:

!SESSION 2018-08-31 08:50:51.734 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.8.0_102

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Framework arguments: -runMode=console -projectPath=C:\Users\Katalon\Katalon Studio\PevianiProduzione\PevianiProduzione.prj -retry=1 -retryFailedTestCases=true -testSuitePath=Test Suites/AutomatizzazioneOrdiniSuite -executionProfile=default -browserType=Chrome -reportFolder=C:\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.5\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.5\Log

Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -data config -runMode=console -consoleLog -projectPath=C:\Users\Katalon\Katalon Studio\PevianiProduzione\PevianiProduzione.prj -retry=1 -retryFailedTestCases=true -testSuitePath=Test Suites/AutomatizzazioneOrdiniSuite -executionProfile=default -browserType=Chrome -reportFolder=C:\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.5\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.5\Log

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2018-08-31 08:50:54.469

!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

Starting Groovy-Eclipse compiler resolver. Specified compiler level: unspecified

136 2.4.7.xx-201611170128-e46 = ACTIVE

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.core 4 4 2018-08-31 08:50:55.406

!MESSAGE Unable to read variable and containers file

!STACK 0

java.io.EOFException

at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:392)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$VariablesAndContainersLoadHelper.loadInt(JavaModelManager.java:3700)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$VariablesAndContainersLoadHelper.loadVariables(JavaModelManager.java:3766)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$VariablesAndContainersLoadHelper.load(JavaModelManager.java:3569)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager.loadVariablesAndContainers(JavaModelManager.java:3405)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager.startup(JavaModelManager.java:5143)

at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.start(JavaCore.java:5793)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:774)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:767)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:724)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:932)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:309)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:581)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:449)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:470)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hooks.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:529)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.findLocalClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:325)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:345)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.sources.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:36)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:419)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:372)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:364)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:161)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.manager.ProjectFileServiceManager.openProject(ProjectFileServiceManager.java:63)

at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.dataprovider.ProjectFileServiceDataProvider.openProject(ProjectFileServiceDataProvider.java:24)

at com.kms.katalon.controller.ProjectController.openProject(ProjectController.java:94)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.getProject(ConsoleMain.java:249)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.findProject(ConsoleMain.java:155)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.launch(ConsoleMain.java:90)

at com.kms.katalon.console.application.Application.runConsole(Application.java:74)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.runConsole(Application.java:72)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.start(Application.java:56)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

What kind of problem is that?
My OS is Windows Server 2016

Thanks everyone from your continously support!

Hi Andrea

There’s a lot to go through here so let’s check these one by one:

!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

I have seen that many times and it is usually benign. If your suite runs fine from within Katalon, then it’s probably fine.

Unexpected EOF - I don’t see that in the output you pasted. But I do see java.io.EOFException in this section:

MESSAGE Unable to read variable and containers file

!STACK 0

java.io.EOFException

at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:392)

which sounds ominous.

Does the Scheduled task operate successfully when you run it by hand from the Task Scheduler?

Lastly, …

My OS is Windows Server 2016

Are you executing the tests against a browser running on the server? I would strongly advise against doing that - especially if your AUT uses asynchronous code (e.g. “ajax”). Server environments are not optimized to run client-side applications and browsers (certainly IE) tend to suffer badly as a result.

1 Like