Unable to switch to Google Sign in window

Yea, I’ll probably have to go with your earlier suggestion of logging into google account at the beginning of the test.

This isn’t a bad idea anyway. There’s a best practice in test automation that goes something like: Only automate stuff that is within scope of your AUT.

In other words, when your AUT involves third-party apps (which is the case here), you are not necessarily responsible for automating that third-party piece.

If it’s the ONLY input[type=email] element, yes, it’s fine.

@farooqi.uzair1990

Looking at your last screenshot of devtools showing the popup, try putting this in the devtools console:

document.querySelector("#identifierId").value = "farooqi"

Now, follow this carefully…

Make the webpage itself the target of devtools – in other words, click on the main page (but do NOT close the popup). Now relaunch devtools (F12) and put this in the console:

document.querySelector("#identifierId").value = "brandon"

What we’re trying to do here is figure out if the element is truly blocked by virtue of the fact it is inside a sub-document (~iframe).

Thank you @Russ_Thomas and @Brandon_Hein for all the help. I just tried to login to gmail manually when chrome is being controlled by an automated test software, and I was unable to log in there. So even if I am able to input the email address I won’t be able to continue.

I, also, found out that google itself doesn’t allow signing in using automated software.
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/7675428?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

I really appreciate you guys looking into this with me.

1 Like