Unable to start application - Error: Class constructor IOSCrashLog cannot be invoked without 'new'

Hi,

I get the error when i’m doing recording and playback (just simply open browser and navigate URL) in both IOS physical device and simlator.

Unable to start application on this device : An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Class constructor IOSCrashLog cannot be invoked without ‘new’ (WARNING: the server did not provide any stacktrace information)…

is anyone encountered this error too? how to solve it?

IosRecordError.png

Hi Tay,

I’ve never seen that error myself, but can you confirm what version of Xcode and Appium you’re using? Katalon Studio 5.8.0 only supports up to Xcode 9.4.1 and Appium 1.8.1 currently.

- Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. The XCode version is 9.2 and Appium 1.8.1.
Will upgrade my Xcode to 9.4.1 and try. Thanks!

Best regards,
Sau Ching

Hello Tay, I also have this error. Have you managed to fix this error? If so, would you tell me how to deal with this issue?

Hi @raja.mufti,

Can you please confirm what versions of Xcode, Katalon Studio, node, and Appium you have installed?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi @Chris_Trevarthen,

Xcode: 9.4.1
Appium: 1.8.1
Node: v11.3.0

I thank you for your response, Chris. I will looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Raja

Thanks @raja.mufti, are you getting the same issue with the IOSCrashLog cannot be invoked without 'new'?

As far as the versions of the tools, those seem like the correct supported versions of Xcode and Appium.

I’m not sure about Node, though, as I’m running Node 9.2.0. Perhaps you could try installing a lower version of Node (using nvm) to see if that helps (I know Katalon Studio doesn’t support the latest Xcode or Appium, so it might also not prefer the latest Node).

Also, do you get an appium.log file in your project? Could you please attach it, if so?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi @Chris_Trevarthen

Reply: ‘… are you getting the same issue with the IOSCrashLog cannot be invoked without 'new' ?..’ -> yes it’s the same issue,

I see. I will test it by downgrading the node version.
I couldn’t find appium.log file in my directory, where is the location of this file?

Thanks,
Raja

Hi @Chris_Trevarthen

I have tried to install node 6
But the issue in Katalon is appium wont started in specified time (60 Seconds)
I can’t install node 9 by run: brew install node@9

Thanks,
Raja

Hi @raja.mufti

The appium.log file for me is located either in the root of my test project or under the /Reports folder within my test project. Are there any logs at all produced in your test project?

As for installing a different version of node, I use the Node Version Manager (nvm) to install and switch between different versions of node. Here’s an article on how to get up and running with it:

– Chris

Hi @Chris_Trevarthen,

I have managed to resolve this issue by uninstalling the appium and removing completely the node installation (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11177954/how-do-i-completely-uninstall-node-js-and-reinstall-from-beginning-mac-os-x). Then, reinstall the node and appium (I’m still using appium@1.8.1 though).
Thank you for your support, Chris.

Regards,
Raja

1 Like

Glad to hear that you have your issue resolved!

— Chris