Unable to open URL due to Chrome not reachable Error

Hi All,

I am new to KS, have installed v6.2 which came with Chrome Driver v74. I have Chrome V75 on my machine.

When I try to run my script with ChromeDriver v74 or 75 or even 2.41, getting DevToolsActivePort file doesn’t exist error.

After reading some community posts, recommendation was to downgrade chrome driver to 2.38, then I got different error - org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: chrome not reachable.

Any ideas/ suggestions to resolve this error. I have also tried to used these Chrome settings - [‘args’, ‘"–no-sandbox","–disable-dev-shm-usage"’]. But no luck so far.

Any help/ lead would be greatly appreciated.

hello,

downgrade back to 6.1.6 or 6.1.5

Thanks so much for the response. Do you know from where I can downgrade?

@Timo_Kuisma Never mind - I found an old zip file v6.0.5. Now I am getting different error:

Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to open browser with url: ‘https://www.google.com
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:48)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:65)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:27)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.OpenBrowserKeyword.openBrowser(OpenBrowserKeyword.groovy:81)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.OpenBrowserKeyword.execute(OpenBrowserKeyword.groovy:67)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:56)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.openBrowser(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:60)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$openBrowser.call(Unknown Source)
at PMACS_Login.run(PMACS_Login:16)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:331)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:322)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:301)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:293)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:227)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1561056505178.run(TempTestCase1561056505178.groovy:21)