Unable to click on object

Hi, I have following xpath ‘//div[2]/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div/a[2]/span/span/span[contains=(text()=‘Открыть все уровни’)]’.

When the test case is execute, the test falls with the following error:

Unable to click on object 'Object Repository/Test Project/Test Project/Gantt/Top Menu/open_all_levels' (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Element <span role="img" id="button-1079-btnIconEl" class="x-btn-icon-el gantt-expandAll-icon " unselectable="on" style=""></span> is not clickable at point (1015, 335). Other element would receive the click: <div class="x-mask" style="z-index: 18999; width: 1100px; height: 642px; right: auto; left: 296px; top: 202px;" id="ext-gen1198"></div> Command duration or timeout: 204 milliseconds Build info: version: '2.53.0', revision: '35ae25b', time: '2016-03-15 17:00:58' System info: host: 'WS01-047', ip: '192.168.56.1', os.name: 'Windows 8.1', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.3', java.version: '1.8.0_102' Driver info: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.firefox.CFirefoxDriver47 Capabilities [{applicationCacheEnabled=true, rotatable=false, handlesAlerts=true, databaseEnabled=true, version=54.0.1, platform=WINDOWS, nativeEvents=false, acceptSslCerts=true, webStorageEnabled=true, locationContextEnabled=true, browserName=firefox, takesScreenshot=true, javascriptEnabled=true, cssSelectorsEnabled=true}] Session ID: f932a8a2-bad0-4999-a6f9-79664f898bf8)
But selenium can execute similar test case.

How can I call selenium web driver from Katalon? Or tell what i’m doing wrong.

Screenshot whit source of object

Screenshot

Hi Andrey,

The error is quite clear that is an element is blocking your target element.

When you say “But selenium can execute similar test case.”, can you provide more information about this? Like the environment you use to run this test (os, os version, browser, browser selenium version). This might help me to able to help you better.

Have you tried adding a flat delay of 5-10 secs?

Hi,

Other element would receive the click:

I guess this is a “mask” appearing when the system are processing and it takes some seconds (or so) to be closed so that you can click on the correct button.

My solution is that you can add a check for the “mask” element disappear before clicking on the button.

Hi,
I was also unable to click the button, so I used selenium code and it is working fine.

image.png

It is great that you have implemented the function and the scenario was resolved. JS execution does nto actually clicking on the button, that might be the reason why it works.