TIP: Perfecto Integration with Katalon 7.4

Hi Team,

While using latest version 7.4.0, i was facing some challenges. After some investigation, i have resolved those problems. I hope this information helps. Below are the steps, i have followed,

Issue:
Caught: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Unable to load class PerfectoTestListener due to missing dependency Lcom/perfecto/reportium/client/ReportiumClient;
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Unable to load class PerfectoTestListener due to missing dependency Lcom/perfecto/reportium/client/ReportiumClient;
at com.kms.katalon.core.context.internal.TestHooker.collectContextMethods(TestHooker.java:62)
at com.kms.katalon.core.context.internal.TestHooker.(TestHooker.java:45)
at com.kms.katalon.core.context.internal.TestListenerCollector.collectPluginTestListeners(TestListenerCollector.java:75)
at com.kms.katalon.core.context.internal.TestListenerCollector.(TestListenerCollector.java:43)
at com.kms.katalon.core.context.internal.ExecutionEventManager.(ExecutionEventManager.java:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.context.internal.ExecutionEventManager.getInstance(ExecutionEventManager.java:16)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.beforeStart(TestCaseMain.java:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$beforeStart.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1587490724138.run(TempTestCase1587490724138.groovy:23)
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

Steps need to follow from 7.4.0:

Step1: Launch Katalon Studio tool by providing proxy settings(Proxy → Proxy Option[Manual proxy configuration), Proxy Server Type(HTTP), Address(proxy-company url), Port(portnumber) → Click “Apply” and “OK”] if you are working in VPN/Client Network. If not, just launch Katalon Studio tool.

Step2: Navigate to Account (i.e. right top corner)–> Click “Reload Plugins” → You can see “Perfecto Integration” & “TestNG/JUnit Keywords” → Click “Close”

Step3: Follow the link and complete Perfecto configuration steps- Katalon Studio

If you skip Step3, then follow below steps:

Step4: Download the latest reportium-java.jar from here - Repository [maven] Browsing: com/perfecto/reporting-sdk/reportium-java/

Step5: Go to Project → Settings, select External Libraries in the left pane, add the downloaded reportium-java.jar, click Apply, and click OK to close the Settings form

Step6: In Katalon Studio, under Test Explorer pane, under Profiles, mouse right click and choose New → Execution Profile à Enter Profile name → Click OK

Step7: Create global variables (Note: I have created only first two global variables)

Step8: If your chrome driver is not working, kindly replace with older exe version

Navigation: Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.4.0\configuration\resources\drivers\chromedriver_win32

Step9: You can execute your test case using “Chrome”

Regards,
Siva.B

2 Likes