Tests Pass when run straight from CMD, but cannot run when put through task scheduler

Hello, I am having trouble running my test suite through task scheduler. I am able to run the test through katalon without fail as well as through CMD. I created the .bat file and everything for the task scheduler but when I attempt to run it through task scheduler, I am met with an error message as seen below.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The platform metadata area could not be written: C:\Windows\System32\config.metadata. By default the platform writes its content
under the current working directory when the platform is launched. Use the -data parameter to
specify a different content area for the platform.

Please help! Being able to run theses tests automatically would make a huge difference.

That’s a permissions problem. What exactly the issue is (or “who” needs to be given the rights) I don’t remember.

Try this: http://forum.katalon.com/search?q=task%20scheduler

Thank you! I saw something similar where a user had to sign in as an “interactive user” and it worked for them, so I will give it a try and report back. I wasn’t sure if my issue was any different. I’m still fairly new to Katalon and wanted to check

1 Like

Excellent. That’s how we improve the knowledge base! :slight_smile: